Go Ask Alice

So I just read a book that is I guess a little popular- 5 million copies sold- and it's called Go Ask Alice.
REALLY GOOD.
But it was also depressing and made me think about how good my life is and sheltered. I like books that end bad though because that's exactly how life is in those situations.

***WARNING IF YOU HAD NOT READ THIS BOOK YET DON'T READ ANY FURTHER OTHERWISE I MIGHT SPOIL IT FOR YOU***

Lol I thought I should warn people. Anyways, it is a true story and I believe so. Therefore, I'm glad they said that the girl died because people need to know that. It's a hard world out there, and there are no easy ways out. I'm sure a lot of people who start drugs think that it will make their life easier to manage and make them feel better. But as the main character says, it's just not worth the trouble.
I've never done drugs and I'm glad I havn't. I'm not saying that I've never considered taking them, because sometimes I just want something that will make me feel better and get my mind off of my own problems. But I know that drugs are damaging and bad, ect. Anyway, I just loved reading something that was genuine and real for once. Not those stupid books about a teenager going through problems and gets help and their life turns back to normal. Maybe they should have more books out there that are non-fiction.
Because life is not fun and it's sure as hell not easy.
January 24th, 2009 at 03:37am