My Chemical Romance Are Back

I wish I was in New Orleans.

The title actually has nothing to do with the blog. It's the name of an amazing song by Scarlett Johannson, an album which I recommend to everyone!

I am rather excited to be seeing the new My Chemical Romance video out and about on t'internet and TV. By all means they deserved a break - they hadn't stopped in like 6 years - but I'm uber glad that they are back even though this isn't a track for the new album.

I do happen to know, however, that they have started writing material for the new record, which I am unbelievably psyched about, even though it may not be out for a while.

It's going to be cool to see what they come up with since the previous two records were written whilst they were out on the road. The only record they wrote inside a studio was 'Bullets' and that was a looong time ago with only two weeks to record it, so you just know that this is going to be nothing like we've ever heard before. Judging by the new songs, 'Stay' and 'The World is Ugly' - named by fans - it's going to be yet another amazing record.

It should be good now that they've got all that 'Black Parade' stuff out of their system. Now, I'm not bashing the Black Parade, it was a really mature and completely overboard (in a good way) record. But I don't think anybody could swallow another huge concept album like that.

Whilst I'm on the subject of MCR, if anybody knows could you tell me how I would go about posting a Keep The Faith one shot? I'm in the middle of writing one and I just wanted to know if there was anywhere I would need to post ot in particular.

That's all for now, but just randomly here are a few albums I think are worth checking out:

1. Scarlett Johansson - Anywhere I Lay My Head
2. The Academy Is... - Fast Times At Barrington High
3. The Horrors - Strange House
4. LadyHawke - LadyHawke

Ps here is a recent convo between me and my dad:

Me - What time are you getting up in the morning?
Dad - I don't know. I might not get up. I mean, I'll be up up, but not up and awake.

He does make me LOL sometimes.
February 7th, 2009 at 09:40pm