in one moment your whole life can change

I think mine was early January this year. Around 7.15 am. I was rushing about getting ready for school, the tv was on. Suddenly I heard the opening bars of 'Welcome to The Black Parade.' The video captivated me. I was hooked.

I spent four years of my life being someone i didn't even like. Someone i'd vowed never to be. Someone other people expected me to be. i look back on those wasted years and it breaks my heart- but hey, no regrets, you learn from your mistakes.

So, the Black Parade video. From that moment on, things changed. They say if you want to see yourself, you should take a look at your friends. I'm so grateful to have recently made friends that add to my quality of life instead of taking away from it. I no longer have to watch what i do or worry about what i'm about to say becuase it's not up to date enough. Anabel, Christelle, Karen, Marie, Charlotte, Edith, Lauren, Natalie, Yaz, Emma Little, Kayla, Selina, Mags, Neryssa, Rachel, Jessica*- i just want to thank you for letting me be me. You're all fucking amazing. And you reflect well on me!

I think i've found (part of!) myself, and MCR assisted that, so I'm forever in debt to them.
I think i'm becoming a better person. That was my new year's resolution, so yay!
May 7th, 2007 at 10:30pm