My real life Romeo.

I met Jeff about two years ago when he first moved here from Colorado. I didn't pay any attention to him. I remember meeting his sisters, but not him.

Anyway, about a year later, we had this party thing, and he and his older sister came. That's the first time I remember really talking to him.

He was really nice and made me laugh alot.

I saw him in a play that summer, and I realized that I sorta had a crush on him.

That fall, I joined the group he did the play with, so now I got to see him every week! We became friends, and my crush grew bigger and bigger everytime I saw him.

Our director announced that we were doing "Romeo and Juliet". She announced that Jeff would be Romeo.

My heart began to beat so fast and I prayed that I would get to be Juliet.

But, fate had it's own plans. A girl named Jess got the part. My heart broke. I got a great part, the part of Capulet, Juliet's dad, and I was really excited, because it's a strong part.

Every week, I would watch them do some lovey-dovey scene, quickly excuse myself to the bathroom and cry.

I hated Jess. I refused to talk to her or get to know her. Looking back, I hate myself for being such a bitch. Jess is one of my best friends and I wish we had gotten to start that friendship sooner.

Finally, it was the kissing scene. Also the death scene, I watched Jeff kill himself and then Jess kiss him.

I ran out sobbing. But nobody noticed.

Jeff and I have grown closer and closer, he's one of my best friends. That crush that grew into a like turned into love.

I am in love with Jeff, and he has NO idea.

Recently, Jeff and I were in a skit together for the youth group that we are both in. We played a couple who was in love, etc.

It was probably the most awkward thing either of us has ever done.

And his hugs, uhh. His hugs are soo genuine! They're not like, "I'm just hugging you to feel you up," or "I'm just hugging t you to shut you up." But he kinda holds, me and cradles me. I feel safe with him, like he really cares about what I'm feeling.

Jeff is my Romeo, but I'm not his Juliet. But, I'm okay with that. I'm content being his friend.

For now. ;)
February 10th, 2009 at 10:51pm