Update to GYM teacher's jail sentence.

A school teacher was arrested Monday morning. Twenty-six -Bob Bob Bobbington- is charged with taking indecent liberties with a child under the age of 15 after the girl's parents called school officials. -Bobbington- taught gym for five years and we’re told he was also a basketball coach at one point. The alleged incident we're talking about did not happen on school property, but that doesn't make it any less troubling, if it's true.

-John Johnnyton- , Father student - "You drop your kids off at school and you put your hands in the trust of the teachers here."

Trust, to some degree, is necessary when you're a parent. Right now, it's harder to come by in -Blahville-.

-Johnnyton - "If it was my child, something would be happening right now."

-PartyMarty-, County Schools - "Obviously, we take this very seriously, and we're hurt by it. You know, you don't want to get a black eye -- but you've got a black eye, right now."

It's why school administrators worked with investigators through the weekend to gather evidence and arrange an arrest.

-PartyMarty- - "-Blahblah county- Schools has taken immediate and appropriate action against Mr. -Bobbington-. And, we can assure the parents and students over at the School that he will not be back in the classroom."

If they could have acted sooner, they say they would have.

PartyMarty - "This is one that we couldn't foresee."

For five years, Bobbington was a model employee. He passed the county's mandatory background check, earned tenure in three years, and never raised a red flag with anyone, certainly not the parents.

-iamnotawhore-, Mother of student - "As far as I know, he's married -- nice man. So, I just wouldn't expect anything like that."

Now, they don't know what they can rely on.

iamnotawhore - "You just have to trust that the school systems are doing what they're supposed to be doing, and that your children will come home and let you know of anything that's not okay.

Police tell us this all came to light because of a conversation the girl had with her parents. School administrators say she was not currently in -Bobbingtons' class, but couldn't say if she had been in the past.

-------------------------------
the girl could've been in my grade, and it's the biggest story in our reigon.

i'm ticked. please comment.
March 16th, 2009 at 11:39pm