Avenged Sevenfold 3/20/09

So this is how the best day of my life went down....

Woke up around four am, I couldn't sleep any longer. Way too excited. It randomly snowed at seven and had to occupy myself until ten am. Finally, we left and drove for five hours to Utica. We got there at three and got in line with Amanda and Steph. Kayla and Sam got there later on.

We ran inside and saw Burn Halo play. We were front and center the whole time. I touched James, the singer, when he reached over the guard rail. I felt special, haha. I didn't know who they really were before, but they were really good.

Papa Roach came on next and Ialmost had a heart attack.I love Jacoby. Jacoby climed off the stage into the seats on the side. He stood like three seats away from my mom and was singing. When they played Hollywood Whore and Getting Away With Murder I screamed the lyrics to those songs. They're two of my favorite songs by them.

After Papa Roach was over, intermission felt so long. I started fighting with a guy. He was like "Back the fuck up!" I was like "Make me bitch!" Once Avenged Sevenfold got in a few songs, he asked to get taken out. I'm thirteen, and he had a band on his arm that said he was of legal drinking age. I held out longer than him.

Avenged Sevenfold finally came on and started with Critical Acclaim. When I heard Jimmy sing I almost died on the spot. They played Afterlife then Beast and the Harlot. After that they played Dear God and I started crying. I love that song to death and to hear it live was just too much for me to handle. I can't listen to it now without getting upset because I just remember the show.I know I'm a loser. Brian played an amazing solo, and he beat Zacky twice in the middle of a song playing rock paper scissors. It was uncalled for, they just walked by eachother while playing and stopped to play rock paper scissors. I made a heart at Zacky and he smiled at me. We were both wearing Vengeance University shirts. Brian kept making sexual faces the whole time. I was spazzing. Jimmy was wearing plaid shorts, I thought he looked cute in them. Haha. They ended with Almost Easy and threw picks and drums sticks into the crowd. Amanda caught one of Zacky's picks.

We didn't stay for Buckcherry, we just went outside by the tour buses. We met these two girls, one of them designed shoes for The Used. Her and her friend had beer with them so we helped them yell 'We have booze!' for a good ten minutes. They never came out. An hour and a half later, two amublances took people away, and the cops had to arrest a dude. He was so drunk/high they had to taser him to contain him. All we see is a blue spark and the dude fall to the ground. The weird part was, he looked like my history teacher. After two hours of waiting in about ten degree weather, we saw Jacoby. Steph called his name and he yelled to us 'good night girls!' we said bye and waved and he walked into the bus. Finally, at midnight, we had to go.

I may have not met Avenged Sevenfold, but that's okay. I'm just happy I even got to go. My mom, who is handicapped, drove me five fucking hours to the show. She doesn't know how much I appreciate it. She even wants to see Avenged Sevenfold again. 2010 is too far away for another tour. But until then, memories of this show are going to have to do.

So thank you Buckcherry for taking Avenged Sevenfold and Papa Roach on tour. Thank you Avenged Sevenfold for singing Dear God and Scream. Thank you Papa Roach for singing Hollywood Whore and Getting Away With Murder. Thank you Burn Halo for being the greatest first opening band, normally the first ones suck. Thank you everyone on the tour, my mom, and my friends for making this the best night of my life.

My mom sat up in the seats while we were in the crowd. I don't have time to link all of the photos. So here's a link to my photobucket.

http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd342/Wafflesides/A7x/
March 22nd, 2009 at 05:35am