Writing Workshop (wow...it was actually interesting)

hey everyone, so i went to this writing workshop at this high school, and I never expected it to be SO interesting, especially when your friends are there right next to you. I attended this because I as picked, and, well, I wanted to miss class. (I also got to miss my math quiz!!!! and math class, and ILA...so it was worth it...) I picked two workshops called Mime-a-paloosa (i think that's what it was) and What's your shoe size. Two of my friends, Vicki and Rose picked the same workshops as me.

Well, mime-a-paloosa was fun. There were these two or three high schoolers who acted and told us to write what first came to mind. Mines was a poem (not really), and it started being on track...but near the end it kinda got...ummm....random. (you should my friend, Vicki, she was writing about bunnies named Fred and Bobby getting eaten and Bobby getting upchucked...basically hers was violent...and Rose's was about pie) I don't know if I should post it or not, because it isn't that good...basically I was talking to my friends and goofing off (it was SO fun)...

The 2nd one was What's your shoe size?. You just had to write about bring in someone's shoe. I wrote about this kid in my class who gets picked on. You wouldn't understand it if you didn't know him. The 2nd prompt (in that workshop) was about being mad at someone and you had to write about being that person. Someone read mines (I did NOT know that she wanted to read it out loud...seriously...)...weird....

Anyway, I learned that I love writing with another person. During this workshops my friends and I were exchanging papers and writing stuff on them. It was SO fun...I am going to ry that with one of my friends....I think that trip cured my writer's block (you do NOT know how big my writer's block was)....

Plus, on the bus home, we (everyone on the bus, which was about 10 people) saw a police car and 2 ambulances at this McDonald's. We had no idea what happened. Hope they were all right...
March 28th, 2009 at 07:28am