Rep

I'm running for Class Rep. I've been working on my speech, which I'll be giving tomorrow.
Please be honest and tell me what you think.

Hello fellow class of 2013. I’m Alanna and, as you may know, I am running for one of three class representative offices.
In high school, we make many choices that affect us for years to come. Some of us have already made choices; one of these being where to go to school for the next four years. If you’re like me, staying here in West Boylston High, than the outcome of this election will determine how we all start our freshman year.
All of us want to have good start to next year, and have new experiences. I will listen to what our class wants, and take it seriously, so we will all be happy with whatever decisions or changes we may have to make. I will also help make real changes, so we can have what we need as well, and not only what we want.
I’ve been in student council before, as have some of the other candidates running. Doing this has given me some insight to how to really get things accomplished. This has also given me an opportunity to communicate with other people running, who may have different ideas than mine, and share our own points of view, and agree on what course to take, depending on the different situations given to us.
Isn’t that the point of being a class representative? To be an example of what out whole class wants or needs? If I am elected, I will do my part to ensure the class of 2013 will be one of the best classes WB High has seen.
Thank You.
May 27th, 2009 at 12:44am