Elistist? Maybe..Selfsh? A Little...Pissed off? Muchly...

Alright, so this is pretty stupid, well...not really, but kindof lol.
This happens pretty much every year with different bands. But each year I find out about a band when they're still pretty small and not well known. If they have hoodies I'll usually buy one, wear it to school , try to get them known. And about 99.99999% of the time the 'cool' kids come up and are all "wtf why do you like them; they suck; they're such a shitty band;" and then like 3 months later, the band blows up, they're the cool thing to listen to...all the cool kids like them, said they were 'fans from the beginning', list their lyrics as their facebook statuses every.two.hours, suddenly the band is overplayed, you can't escape them, you're getting annoyed by those 3 songs everyone can't get enough of and it really actually pisses me off.
I understand everyone can be a little elitist at some times...but this isn't sometimes..this is every.other.week.same people. same thing. different band.
What was once happy times after concerts because they had enough time to chat with everyone and they remembered your name and everyone knew each other has become like 'oh sweet you guys came. awesome. well...there's too many of you.can't hang out. peace.'
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy the bands are getting more attention and fans and probably money and stuff. but I'd be happier if people actually liked the band for the music, not because it's the cool thing to listen to at the moment and played on the radio every hour.
Does this ever happen to you guys?

Seriously, this isn't one of those 'I want this band to myself! mine mine mine! No one else is allowed to listen, talk or look at the band!!!!!' but like...really? Can't you like the band because of the music for once?
May 29th, 2009 at 08:55am