Threads that will help you promote your story.

The Color Abi:
We should make a link to all the threds that will help people out on here.
The Story/Review Game.
You give a review [a review, not a comment] and you receive one. Somebody might see the review someone left you on there and be intrigued. Or, if the reviewer likes it, they make check out your other stories or tell some friends. Or rec it.

Rate the Story Game.
You rate the person above you. You post an excerpt from a story and the person below rates it. Make sure to include a link to your story when you post it. If they are intrigued, they might want to read the whole thing.

Pimping & Reccing thread.
Pimp your story here. Other people may read and quote your original pimping, which may make other users want to read it.

Story Finders.
Do not shamelessly whore your stories out if they don't meet the specifications. But if someone is looking for a Joncer about cancer and you happen to have a Joncer about cancer, reply with a link to your story.

Best/worst/stupidest reviews you've ever gotten.
Post really great reviews you've gotten for your stories here. Make sure to specify what story the review was for and include in a link, so that if people are interested they can click it and check it out.

List of oneshots/drabbles.
Post your oneshots and drabbles here, with a small description. Include pairing, rating, etc. Include a link.

List of finished stories.
Same as above, only with finished stories that have more than one part.

What is your new story?
Post your most recently posted or updated story here. Include a little information. Include a snippet. Include a link!

What story/update are you working on right now?
Tell us a little bit about your new story/update. Include a snippet. Include a link if it's an update. We might be interested. We might want to check it out.

Also, in general, I post in a lot of the "On Writing" threads. Backstory, tense, point of view, messages and morals, story titles, why I write, you in your stories, etc.
Post in those threads. Include unknown facts about a story, discuss why you used a certain tense in a story, discuss the moral in a story, tell us why you picked that title, etc. Make it interesting. And include a link.
June 3rd, 2009 at 06:49pm