When at an All Time Low concert...

Remember three things.
1. Bring a camera
2. Mosh like crazy
3. Make sure you touch at least one of the bandmembers

So last night I went to see All Time Low at their Sydney concert. It was so so amazing. And so begins the recount of the night.

We waited in line for ages making friends with randoms, then they let us in and took our tickets which was a major bummer. :( Got my merch (A red ATL shirt) before going into the mosh. There were three bands before All Time Low came on. I didn't particularly like any of them, except Stealing O'Neal who were amazing and I met and hugged the drummer after the show. Check them out. Their myspace is here.

Anyway, All Time Low came on and they were so amazing live. It's their second time in Australia and the first time I've seen them live. They opened with Six Feet Under The Stars and the mosh was hectic, there were death pits starting everywhere and it was pretty insane.

A lot of things got thrown onto the stage. Glow sticks, headbands, a masturbation kit (Which Alex said was going to be his best friend for the next week), bras (To which alex had to explain to Jack that they were like egg cartons for eggs), etc.

They threw out alot of picks and I was about 30cm away from getting one of Rian's drumsticks that Jack was making dirty gestures with.

They were really intereactive with the crowd. They talked to us heaps and usually added in heaps of sexual innuendos (but then that's pretty normal for those guys).

They played Weightless, their cover of Umbrella, and amazingly Remembering Sunday which I never thought I'd actually hear live. A bunch of songs from So Wrong It's Right including Holly (Would You Turn Me On?) which was one of my favourites.

Towards the end, Jack stage dived into the crowd and I managed to touch his sweaty head. Yay! They ended with Dear Maria and that was where kids were climbing up onto the stage. One boy got to sing along with Alex for the last lnes of the song before the security guards dragged him off.

We came out and waited for them and about 25 minutes later they came out but the guy was like "You have 5 minutes" And since there was heaps of people waiting it turned into swarming them. Jack started yelling out rape (refer to his twitter about the comments he made) But even though I didn't have my camera at that moment, I managed to hug him which was awesome! I went to make my way towards Alex but the guy pulled them back into the van and they left, lovely enough, Alex was kissing the the window of the van as we waved goodbye to him. XD

The thing is, that because it's so big for them to come to Australia lots of people want to meat them at the end of the show, so they don't actually get to meet them at all, it just turns into hug and quick picture. It's a shame, but hopefully I'll get to meet them and talk to them in the future.

I should be posting up some pictures soon. So stay tuned!
June 6th, 2009 at 09:45am