My Adventures Leading Up To The All Time Low Concert

From the day my friends and I had received the tickets for the concert we had counted down from 62 until June 6th 2009.

The night before the concert we had decided that we wanted to get tutu’s and because I couldn’t be bothered to go look for tutu’s we ended up making our own.

I wore a black and pink one, my friend Emily wore a black and purple and my other friend Payton (still don’t know how to spell her name) wore a black and green tutu.

We had stayed up until 12 making our tutu’s, only surviving on passionfruit soft drink, maltesers, M&M’s (crispy). The skittles we were going to save for the morning. By the time we had gotten into bed we weren’t tired and stayed up talking.

When we finally had gotten to sleep it was only for a few hours, because we were up again at 4-5ish. We got ready and my dad picked us up and we got on the train, with people already staring at us at 8:30ish.

When we turned up at the venue – Corner Hotel – some chick walked up to us and said that we couldn’t stand outside the doors because we would get our tickets taken off of us and then for some reason she became really bitchy and said that she was going to be first in line anyway.

Eventually other vans turned up with the other bands, Set Your Goals, Stealing O’ Neal & The City Escape. We waited patiently...in the cold for All Time Low. But they hadn’t turned up until around 11 which is when the we could start lining up and the doors didn’t open until 12:30.

By the time everyone was lining up we were further back then we should have been but we weren’t complaining when All Time Low’s bus turned up.

Once the doors opened at 12:40 we quickly got inside and waited for the first band to start.

The City Escape was first up, my friend Payton was one of the few people who knew their songs but they were awesome! With their drummer also doing screamo vocals.

After they finished their set everyone headed over to the bigger stage which was covered with a red curtain. The crowd was slowly beginning to rock back and forth, it took a while for Stealing O’ Neal to come on, but when they finally did, they played an awesome set. Including the song Bedroom Eyes, Chin up Baby and more.

During their set, Emily noticed she had lost her phone, I checked to see if I still had mine, but I had lost it also. We looked everywhere, using the glow sticks to look on the ground; it seemed we were the only ones who had actually brought glow sticks. By then I could really care less that Stealing O’ Neal were playing.

We were both pissed off.

Once they were finished, we were being really pushed around, as everyone began to cheer for Set Your Goals. Emily and I were still pissed but once Set Your Goals, we got over it but were still worried.

Set Your Goals played songs such as Mutiny, Work In Progress, To Be Continued..., Flight of the Navigator, one of their new songs and others.

When they had finished their set, we were being pushed around even more as the crowd grew more and more anxious for All Time Low.

Before All Time Low’s set, they had Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings playing, Misery Business (screamo) and Blink 182 songs playing.

Before we knew it, people had begun to sing Dear Maria, Count Me In, as everyone cheered on Rian as he beat the drums. Before everyone begun to sing ’This shit is bananas’ - Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani. Just as the curtains opened up presenting Alex, Jack, Rian and Zack.

Alex said how ’this shit really is banana’s’, they started off their set with Six Feet Under The Stars, as my friends and I were pushed apart from each other. I had gotten pushed to the ground and kicked in the head by some crowd surfer just as my friend pulled saying her nose was bleeding, it took me a few seconds to realize what she had said, and even though we were in the best place to see All Time Low, I dragged by the hand out of the mosh-pit.

I asked her what had happened as I handed her over my jacket she said she had gotten hit in the nose.

Blood just kept pouring down her nose as we walked out on the second song ¼ of the way through. Payton stayed inside as I went outside to see if she was alright.

We had stayed outside for almost 7 songs, missing out on a lot.

But once we had heard Remembering Sunday playing I told her I don’t care if she has a blood nose she has to get inside. We rushed inside and sang along with Alex, up the back where you could still see them but not as good as where we were before.

The song after that was Holly (Would you turn me on?), then We Say Summer (I think).

Then it came to the “last song”, Alex said that they had to cut their set short so they wouldn’t be able to play all the song they wanted to which he found to be bullshit.

So for their “last song” they played Dear Maria, Count Me In. As they finished the song, they carried on by saying that they had to finish up, and said how usually they would casually walk off stage as everyone would cheer Encore! but this time they said that they would sit down and pretend they had walked off stage, so all of them sat down on the stage as everyone cheered out Encore!

They stood up and continued on with their set as they had been warned that they were meant to finish but Alex had said fuck that shit and played Weightless, finishing off their set.

When they had finished, everyone had stayed behind looking for lost things.

We looked everywhere for our phones but found nothing, when we went outside because we were getting kicked out we waited outside for All Time Low to leave, everyone cheered as they came out as they hopped in their bus, waving goodbye.

The songs we had missed out were, in no particular order: Jaesy Rae (favourite of mine), Memories That Fade Like Photographs, Coffee Shop Soundtrack (with help from Matt Wilson vocals from Set Your Goals), The Girl Is A Straight Up Hustler, Shameless, The Beach, Popping (Champagne).
June 10th, 2009 at 07:36am