Ugh, What's Keeping Me From Taking a Chance?

okay so in my last journal I said I was having a hard time choosing between my cheating ex and this other amazing guy.

After to talk to that one guys friend about him liking me I just said in my head 'screw my ex' and I wanted to take a chance with this guy.
But I keep having that stupid tight chest feeling again. I was talking to him on the phone last night and...well I'm flattered that he likes me, but hearing it over and over again for the past 10-15 minutes...I mean of course you would feel uncomfortable right?
He says he doesn't want to scare me off and he would never hurt me and he knows I'm stubborn with having feelings for people, but he's like "I think you're just scared and nervous" and I was like "NO KIDDING!...I don't want to to hurt you" "I don't think you'll hurt me" and I was like "...you don't know me."
I told him I was too free-spirited for a relationship sometimes. He thinks he understands, but I'm not really sure if he really does...
And he's really scaring me with how much he likes me...It's like he's what I always wanted out of the last 3 or 4 guys and now I have it and I don't know how to handle it.

I think I'm afraid because with every guy you like, of course there is a possibility of falling in love. And I really don't care to fall in love....The last guy I was I really hoping to fall in love with let me down so I think that's why I don't care to take a chance with it anymore. And that's not fair for this one guy and it's not fair to me to restrain myself but I don't know.

Also with every guy I like I am afraid of losing myself. My best guy friend is trying to reassure me saying nothing is going to change if I take a chance with this one guy, but with every guy I liked either I've been too self-conscious around them to be myself or I sacrificed my happiness-so I almost lost who I really was and was losing my happiness with the past guys. With this guy...I'm afraid of losing my independence.
I love that I'm independent, I like how I don't need a guy to make me happy. I don't want to lose that about myself when I go out with him...And yes I know me and him are going to go out it's kind of planned? I don't know how to explain...

Anyways....I just really don't know what to do. One day I'm not afraid of being with him and the next I'm freaked out. If I let him go I could be making a big mistake but I'll go back to my comfortable single life, if I take a chance I could be happy. I just don't know....Help?
June 12th, 2009 at 09:33pm