Fans

It's a frustrating thing, to have people telling you that you're not a fan of a paricular band for one reason or another.

It's weird, I just got a message on bebo from a total stranger with the "How to know that you're a real My Chemical Romance fan" list...thing and the "10 commandments of [insert band member here], and honestly...as if you can define a fan in 25 or so bullet points, and claim that said person is not a fan because they only meet 12 of these expectations.

And some of the things on there are just...why should anyone have to do that?!

I really don't know if I'm allowed to do this as a journal, or if it's going to be considered spam, but if it is, someone let me know so I can delete it, because I love mibba far too much and would probably die of boredom without it...I just kind of wanted to load my thoughts and opinions of some of these points in a journal...

2. Real MCR fans know Gerard Way's brother's name.
A person doesn't even have to know Gerards name to be a fan of My Chemical Romance!

6. Real MCR fans know the names of everyone in the band and what they do.
See above ::file:

10. Real MCR fans start smoking because they think they will be hot like Frank and Gerard
Excuse me? If someone wants to smoke, thats totally their choise, I personally don't do it, but for real? Gerard and Frank (Bob smokes too just for the record (*tries to resist the temptation to add Real MCR fans remember Bobs existants every once in a while!! with sarcasm, of course.*)) don't sit around and say "Hm, if our fans don't smoke, they obviously don't like our music." Which is the real point to them being a band is it not?

15. Real MCR fans would admit to let them rape you.
...Frank Iero, no lie, is my hero. I look up to him so much...but if he raped me? No. Not cool. All respect for the man, out of the window. Hell...if he raped anyone I'd lose respect for him.
Not that I'm suggesting he'd rape anyone...I'm just giving an example for the point of the list.

24. Real MCR fans eat skittles and drink coke zero three times daily.
We all know what this is a reference too...Okay, so Mikey Way has in an interview mentioned Coke Zero (No kiddies, he wasn't endorsing it)...so the connecion of Coke Zero+MCR does make a little more sense. But I really don't understand Franks apparent obsession with skittles...in fanfiction or otherwise O_o

31. You lick pictures of Gerard, or any of the band members for that matter.
*Would like to make two points here*
Firstly, why do you say Gerard...or any other band members, as opossed to "Pictures of the band". You've contradicted yourself Miss/Mr whoeverinventedthisthing!
Secondly, did I mention that I have rather a large amount of respect for this band...I think licking pictures of them is just....a little weird to be honest.

Now, I'm in no way saying "I'm the best MCR fan ever because blah-blah-blah" I'm just saying that being a fan of a band means enjoying the music, not knowing every band member, and their background, and their favourite colour, and their shoe-sizes, and their favourite brand of toilet paper.
I'm also not saying that people who know a lot about MCR...or any band really, are bad fans...it just doesn't make you better fans than people who simply enjoy the music...you know what I'm saying?

I don't think I can explain myself more than that...I just...I needed to rant about it I guess...

If you read all of this. I salute you. *Salutes*

Ps. If someone can assure me that it's not spam, I may post the list in teeny-tiny font on here, so people can copy it onto word and read through all of the points.
June 24th, 2009 at 08:42pm