RIP MJ, King of Pop. RIP Farrah, Beautiful Angel.

Michael Jackson, the king of pop, died today.

We all know who he is, whether we are fans or critics, love him or hate him. He's the man who bridged the gap between black soul and white pop. His music inspired us all, and he'll live on forever in the recordings of his voice. The day none of us ever expected has arrived, and one of the most amazing artists of our generation and the generation before us has gone on.
Invisible.:
I think this should be a lesson.
A lesson not to know your life go to waste.
Because, really, who saw this coming?
I know I didn't.
MJ died happy. He's a legend, a world icon.
He died as the King of Pop.
And no one's going to forget him.
Director.:
Everyone is dropping like flies nowadays.
Now we won't even need 2012 to kill us all of.
But today is important.
Today, two marvelous people died.
And I shall pay my respects.

--

Y'know. I never really listened to him.
But his Thriller dance sure did pay me some repsects.
But this isn't about me, it's about him.
He died today of a cause that was brittle and mean.
He died an icon and king of pop to many of fans and haters.
He died in happiness after his intervetion.
It's almost like he knew his time was coming.
He died someone greatly known by everyone through either his music, or personally.
He is, Michael Jackson.
The king of pop, even in death.
You shall be talked about and told stories of [happy ones of course, memorable times] to our next generation. You shall live on like the Beatles.

--

That model.
She was beautiful.
She was the original Charlie's Angel.
She was an original pin-up model.
She was amazing.
She shouldn't have died.
Not this young.
We're all going to remember this man for ages. He's famous for his life, and what a wonderful life he lived.

We all know his most famous songs, and the images that represent them.
Kris Allen.:
i have no words.
---
i never grew up with mj's music. i was a beatles kid.
but...just....
he was still so omnipresent, you know?
i couldn't help but know him and love him.
i just.
::sad:
fuck.
Though his life became sordid and tabloid fodder, he still had devoted fans, because he is a man of wonderful talents.
bright lights;:
michael jackson music is bursting out of my house at the moment.
a different song playing in every room.
we'll never forget you,
and you're in a better place.
there's no corruption, lies or wars where you are.
you're safe.
We never expected him to die. We grew up with him, listening to his music and not fully understanding stories about the more risque aspects of his life. You don't expect someone like him to die... may his immortality continue past the end of his life.
Telenovela!:
The first thing I ever properly learned to dance to was a medley of his songs. I can't believe it.
master of puppets.:
EVERYONE. :arms:
Michael is still here.
In our hearts and in our souls.
That's what he would have wanted.
We will always remember him.
Remember his huge contributions to pop music...no, to music. It changed because of him. And yeah, I might not seem like an MJ fan, but really, I absolutely adore him.
He wouldn't want us to be sad.
You are not alone.
:arms:
Aprilette:
::unsure:
I spent my piano lesson singing and playing Michael Jackson songs. Let's celebrate his life, not mourn over his passing. Thank us for so many amazing songs that you know puts a smile on your face every time. He left us a gift of music many will be inspired by for generations to come.
Jeff; Jimmy; Joey:
He inspired nigh in everyone. It's said everywhere. No matter what genre the music is, people are inspired by MJ.

::cry:
bright lights;:
i know this isn't just shock.
mj has always been an amazing person to me,
and inspiration. the king of pop. a legend.
i was shocked when i first signed onto mibba and found out,
then i was numb. i couldn't feel. i blocked every thought subconsciously.
then it turned to grief. i finally realised it had really happened.
Filistata:
Just because people didn't scream about their love for Michael doesn't mean that they didn't love him. It really goes to show that you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. For all the drama and negativity surrounding him, one thing never changed: he was a brilliant fucking artist. His music impacted a lot of people and it's sad that he's gone.

But legends never die.
Siriano;:
I haven't cried. It doesn't seem appropriate.
Filistata:
All I can think of is when my best friend and I tried to do the Thriller dance for over an hour one time. We watched the video and tried to copy him, but it was a fail. We watched a how-to video and that was a fail, until we just made up our own dance moves to the song, and then we completely butchered Billie Jean. :XD It was just one night, but we kept listening to his music and we were acting like hyperactive dorks. And that same night we both talked about how we didn't care about all the drama surrounding him; we just loved his music.

You're one in a million, Michael. :arms:
fool's paradise:
Rest in peace to both of these talented people.

Farrah... she was beautiful, and very brave to fight her cancer. I respect her.

Now, Michael I felt a little more akin with. Man. I've loved him for years, honestly, I have. His death came as a such a shock. He seemed like the kind of person that can't die, you know? He was a representation of pop, not a follower of it. He was so talented and so wonderful.

It feels so surreal.
Johnny Christ:
I have no words right now. I cant really...I'm just...so shocked. Mike & Farrah. Biggest inspirations ever. They will be greatly missed. On another note. Michael was basically the beginning of music for me. He started the revolution of pop. Through his trials and tribulations he still prevails as being the king of not only pop, but R-n-B, hip- hop, rock..Everything. I'm distraught. ::sad:
You'll live on in our hearts and minds and in the music we listen to. The tears the world will shed for you and the hearts of millions aching will hold on to your memory.
You're amazing MJ, King of Pop. We'll remember your voice, your white socks and black shoes, your moonwalk, and your mad style. RIP, knowing you'll always be remembered.
sunset boulevard:
Just think, though, guys. We shouldn't cry because he's gone, we should smile because he was here, no matter how short of a time he was here for. He impacted us all with his amazing music and we'll always remember that. MJ never died. He's alive with every song of his that blares through speakers, with ever word of rememberance spoken. Keep him alive, guys. Fuel his memory with words of positivity.

We all need to cry and mourn, but while we do that, let's crack a few smiles too. Smile through the tears, y'know.
June 26th, 2009 at 12:57am