Would we all just shut up about Michael Jackson? (Rant rant rant that may be minorly vulgar)

Seriously, this whole Michael Jackson uproar is really pissing me off. Sure, he died...so?
Most of the people I hear going on and on about Michael Jackson's death are people who aren't fans or people who called themselves fans because they know the dance to thriller. I mean even on mibba, most of you aren't Michael Jackson fans and several of you listen to alternative bands that sound like avenged sevenfold and mcr. It's really pissing me off the amount of thirteen year old girls that are going "Oh mah god Michael Jackson died! It's so saddd! He was amazing!"

Seriously? SHUT UP.

If you are a true Michael Jackson fan, then I completely accept your mourning. I in fact have fond memories of listening to Michael Jackson records and watching Alvin and the Chipmunks Michael Jackson episode on VHS with my grandmother and grandfather (before he passed away). I'm slightly sad that Jackson died, but I realize that life must go on and I can still listen to my records of him and remember how great of a performer he was. However, I refuse to obsess about it like the media. It just shows how pathetic or society is. It wasn't long ago when people constantly made the Wacko Jacko cracks and the media harassed him. Many people described him as sick and perverted but now are mourning over his death. Honestly, why would you be sad about someone you once called a child molester dying? It doesn't make sense to me at all. There are millions of people who die every day from terminal illnesses, malnutrition, homicide, etc. Yet we never hear about them. Rather, we fixate ourselves on multi-million dollar celebrities who the media constantly harassed but now is mourning their deaths.

I think we all just need to realize that yes, Michael Jackson died, and someday we will too. There is absolutely no reason for this media frenzy.

_________
On a lighter note, I am taking away my boyfriend's rocky horror picture show virginity today. He's never even heard of the film, so he will be in for quite a shock.

June 26th, 2009 at 04:53pm