I Love You, Mummsie...

...but this was destined to be done eventually. Here, I will record all of the fascinating (to me) conversations I have with my darling mom--termed Mummsie by me in a fit of boredom. Like now.

Quotes:

ME: Hey, mom, the strawberries were frozen inside after being in the fridge. You think there's something wrong with the temperature...thingy?

MUMMSIE: They were frozen in the fridge?
ME: Yes, they were in the fridge and frozen.
MUMMSIE: I'll check it out. *checks fridge* There doesn't seem to be anything wrong. Well, it's been hot out lately. Maybe the fridge has to work extra hard to keep it at the right temperature, so it got too cold.
ME: I...don't think fridges work that way, mom.

MUMMSIE: Are you going to go to the neighbors for that fire?
ME: Probably not, I'm kind of tired.
MUMMSIE: Well, not probably, I'm going to bed and I don't want you over there when I'm in bed.
ME: *stares* So...why didn't you just say "You're not going" in the first place?

THE INFAMOUS TACO SCENE

MUMMSIE: *standing at the counter scooping taco meat onto her shell* Everything but the meat is on the table, help yourself. Brittany, YOU WANT SOME MEAT?!
ME: Mom...we're right here, you don't have to yell.
ME, MY BROTHER, AND MY FRIEND BRITTANY: *Laughter*
~To this day she does not believe she yelled those words.~
July 2nd, 2009 at 03:39am