Leaving Mibba.

I've been posting less and less here lately and I feel like I should come on here and explain a bit about what's going on. The truth is, I just don't feel right here anymore. This has nothing to do with any of the people on here, or any changes that have been happening on Mibba lately, but for some reason I no longer feel anything when I'm on here.

I've changed a lot in the last six months, and I'm suspecting that it's no coincidence I stopped being on here almost exactly as soon as school ended. Mibba has been very dear to me for the year and half I've been here, between fanfiction, the boards and the wonderful people I've met on here, but I'm just not the same person I was. I'm changing, and I have no idea what I'm changing into. I just know that I don't like being here anymore.

So to put it simply, I am no longer posting on the boards or reading and commenting stories with anywhere near the frequency I once was. I have no idea how long this will be for, but I'm fairly sure I'll be back someday. Who knows? I just need to take some time to figure some things out.

Lastly, I hope this journal doesn't make me sound too downbeat; I feel exactly the opposite. I'm feeling much happier and optimistic than I ever have been. This last year has been a rough one personally and Mibba has been my refuge for those times, but now that they're over, I can't be on here without feeling like the person I was in the last few journals, when I was deeply unhappy. I'm feeling more excited about the future now, instead of wanting to destroy it all like I used to. This is why I need to take some time away to figure some things out for a while.

See you soon.
July 8th, 2009 at 05:53pm