frustrations, rants, reactions, and excitements/pls. come to the PHILIPPINES MCR!!! T_T

also posted on my friendster blog:
http://katchich.blogs.friendster.com/memories_consume/

A collection of my reactions to some of the things that is happening to mcr and LP

-some user called 'justalbina' keeps on
spamming me with some stupid videos
like britney's comeback performance or
something..then he/she would send me
some links to some site. its really
annoying! if she tries to befriend you
do not accept! its just spam! btw,
people in New Jersey are the luckiest
residents ever thanks to the recently
concluded Bamboozle festival...why?
because it has MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE and
LINKIN PARK in it! they're just two of
my favorite bands you know... T_T

Philippines is hopeless... T_T

-so how was the Bamboozle huh? i swear...NJ(btw, that’s mcr home town and I have an aunt living in jersey) people are the luckiest residents ever!! concerts here, concerts there...oh wait, scratch that. not only NJ residents but the whole American Nation!! especially now…summer (US summer which is June-August) is fast approaching and summer is also touring season! every artists from American Idol finalists to aging musicians are on tour! so how's the concert scene here in the Philippines? well, the only foreign artsist who would mind coming here are the old ones...mamita always jokes, “maybe when mcr are oldies..they'd come here and play a show!” har, har! yeah effing right! Me being the (sometimes) positive thinker had this ms. Brightside idea that its not impossible for mcr to come here. If Linkin Park managed to play a show here in Manila three years ago, then why not my chem? Besides, both bands are in the same label, Warner bros… right? Ugh! I just hope my ‘ms. Brightside’ attitude will still stay with me until the day I find out that mcr will be visiting our shores.

-I was lurking around the Filipino thread on imnotokay.net and someone says that there’s a rumor that mcr MIGHT play a show here in Manila this September…I know the source is very unreliable and considered as a hoax. Yes just a rumor but come to think of it, Projekt revolution will end in early September. I remembered back in the middle of April 2004 I keep on hearing these rumors that Linkin park will be coming over and guess what? It turned out to be true! In June of 2004, there I was at the open air field of CCP having the time of my life jumping to the beat of Linkin park songs. Ah, good times, good times…now I’m waiting for mcr. Me and my friend chuki are crossing our fingers. Oh how excited are we if ever that would happen. I wanna see if Gerard still grabs his brother’s hoodie-zipper until Mikey falls down on stage. I wanna see if Frank still licks gee’s hand or stumble down the stage (lol! That’d be funny!) I wanna see if Frank always kicks Mikey’s leg until he falls down and grab his foot and then drag him around like a rag doll. I wanna see and touch Ray’s fro (I know Chuki would! Haha!) I wanna see Bob’s awesome drum skills and see if he still ties Gee’s shoes and make us sing “every body tie your shoes clap, clap!” I wanna see every MCR action that I only see on youtube but this time, it would be live! I wanna feel the same excitement that I felt when I saw LP here in Manila.

Last Sunday I was surprised to see a huge ad of Christina Aguilera and then the ad says, Christina live in Manila! I aint a fan of her but I’m sure Christina fans out there went ballistic upon seeing the ad. The show will be on Taguig (Fort Bonifacio) I’ve been there…lots of open spaces…perfect for concerts. Maybe the place is bigger than in CCP. IF mcr would come here will they play there? I hope not ‘cos ccp is much better and more accessible! Hehe..

-Minutes to Midnight leak. Yes, people…in our internet age, even lp’s next album will be leaked too. Okay that was exaggerated but its true. I feel bad for Mike and the rest of lp. They were so disappointed. What is only a week’s wait??? Just a week for mike’s sake! It’ll be may14 next Monday (that’s election day too) and that’s a holiday! I’m appealing to the other lp fans, if you care about this band and if you are a real fan, LPU member or not, You would NOT dL it. Sure we’ve waited 3 years and suffered/rewarded/preoccupied by Mike’s Fort Minor but when you have the patience to wait, it’ll be worth it. and to those INSENSITIVE F***ers out there who keeps on distributing and downloading the album way before the release date, SHAME ON YOU!

I remembered the first time I heard “What I’ve done” after I downloaded it on iTunes. I thought it was good and raw. Not to mention Chester’s voice, so refreshing! Coz its been a while since I’ve heard Chester’s voice on a LP song. An actual LP song not just some collaboration or a side project. The same with Mike, I’m really glad that Linkin park is finally back. My friends are always asking me, “laos na ba ang Linkin park?”, “totoo bang wala na si Mike sa lp?” well people, the answers are all in Minutes to Midnight. Now, LP is busy promoting MTM they are seen everywhere from AOL to SNL. Yup, they will be the next musical guest on Saturday Night Live and Molly Shannon (a former SNL cast member) is the host. What’s next? Jay Leno? or Conan maybe? man, I really hope so.

MCR’s food poisoning.

Gee said on stage on the Bamboozle that the whole fiasco was caused by salmonella food poisoning: Cross-contamination between raw and cooked food. This is commonly a problem in domestic food preparation, but may also occur, sometimes with dramatic effects, in industrial food processing. Symptoms includes, nausea, diarrhea, fever and some abdominal pains. Gee also said that Ray, Bob, and Matt were the ones who were ill. Frank didn’t get sick because he is a vegetarian and the salmonella came from the chicken that was served and Gee, well good thing he didn’t eat that chicken. Tsk, tsk, they are really at risk especially now that they are on tour. I just hope that it wouldn’t happen again. Who’s handling their food anyway? Since my course is related to food preparation…maybe I could apply to them as their ‘on tour’ chef? Hehe that would be nice XD seriously, who ever is handling their food, I just hope that he does his job well and make sure that the foods are well cooked and the food preparation guidelines are strictly followed including excellent sanitation. I thought about it cause I had a subject last year called sanitation. Haha! Shout out to Ms. Leongson!

Mikey’s honeymoon and rumors of a break up, Gerard’s ring and ‘new’ gf.

After Mikey left for a honeymoon with his wife, mcr break up rumors are starting to circulate which freaked me out as well as other fans. But good thing good ol’ Frankie “squashed” all of that news and decided to come clean and let it all out in an interview with a British magazine called Kerrang. Oh and I’ve noticed Frank uses the word ‘squash’ more often. From what I’ve read, Frank denied all of those break up rumors and Mikey will be back by the time the band would start Projekt rev. (good thing too coz Mikey would feel recharged) Matt Cortez temporarily replaced Mikey as MCR’s bassist. So who’s Matt Cortez? Matt is Frank and Mikey’s bass/guitar tech (in other words, he’s mcr’s roadie -_-) he’s cute though lol! …me and Chuki thought he’s a Filipino. He’s a Mexican, btw. Well I hope Mikey is enjoying his vacation right now (obviously he IS, silly me!) and same with other mcr members who are planning to marry. That they would take a time-off…but don’t worry, its all temporary. And as a heads up, Frank will be the next one to marry. It’ll be on March next year (thank God Frank finally decided to marry her! If I were Jamia, I don’t think I can wait for 10 years of dating and engagement).

How do I know all of these stuff? One word: internet …duh!

After the premier of the “I don’t love you” video, people noticed that Gerard is wearing a some sort of ring. Whether its an engagement ring or a wedding ring, I don’t know. then some people say that ring is from Helena (Mikey and Gee’s late grandma) and that she gave it too Gee as a gift. Then this interview came out on youtube and somebody asked “what is the significance of the ring that you are wearing right now?” then Gerard casually answered, “I have found someone who is really special to me right now” and that’s the only explanation he blurted out. Then out of no where, fans have discovered (or assumed) that the lucky lady is Eliza (from “World’s Most Hated Crew”, one of mcr’s friends) I don’t really know who she is and what the hell is her bands hits…if any… but you could always google her. :p Anyway, fans always thought that he and Eliza has been goin out for quite some time and not mention it unlike Frank and Mikey. Maybe Gerard wanted to keep it ‘down low’. It’s funny cause my fan girlyness in me still can’t accept the fact about the band’s relationships but who am I to think of such stuff. (silly fan girly-Katch! you’re getting too old for that stuff so squash it!) But then, for what it’s worth, I’m really happy for them.

Note from the previous paragraph: I just noticed that I just scolded my fan-girl self and I imitated Frank by using the word “squash”. 0_o weird…

Well I’m just glad that:

-Linkin Park is finally back in the biz (LP is the top priority and less for some side projects the two vocalists has)

-MTM release date is fast approaching and I’m really excited for this album (my calendar is marked for May 14)

-LP and MCR are in the same tour. Yay for Projekt Revolution! (damn, two of my Favorite bands…on one tour…WOW!)

-Mikey is enjoying his time-off and soon be joining MCR and LP for Projekt Rev.

-Matt Cortez’s good job as MCR’s temp bassist and now an eye candy for female fans (yeah, for me, Matt IS cute hehe!
May 17th, 2007 at 04:20pm