Another Hospital Tale

Sitting in the waiting room of the pediatrics ward in her daughter's hospital, Haley flipped through old issues of Highlight and Zoobook. Molly, her three month infant, was having heart problems and the surgeons were fixing those problems now. But without her husband, Jon, she felt lost and alone.

She tried calling jon but he wasn't answering. She was worried that something had happened to jon as it had molly. Because Haley had the worst luck ever. It'd be just like her to lose her daughter and the love of her life in the same day. Just as her mother and sister died on the same day. She didn't know what happened still but she visits the graves of her family every year in their memory. But she doesn't want to have to visit four graves every year. Especially of the child she'd been in labor for 31 hours in attempt to give birth to her. And Jon. She'd never known love until she met Jon.

Jon had been shy when they met but when jon's brother and haley's roommate made them go out, his shy shell seemed to melt away the more time they spent together. Haley loved him on the first date. She told him that in her wedding vows. Once together as man and wife, it was all honeymoon all the time, even after molly came along. Now they were here, wherever here is. She called again and this time jon answered with a hushed hello.

"Jon? Oh thank god! I was so worried. Molly is in the hospital!"

"which hospital?" haley rattled off the name and jon promised to be there in five minutes. And he was, haley hugged him and started crying on her husband's shoulder. The doctor came out and found the couple in the waiting room.

"Your daughter is in recovery. She'll be just fine."
July 11th, 2009 at 01:38am