Heaven's not a place you go when you die. It's that moment in life when you actually feel alive.


No matter how bad life seems to be, at least I didn't get pwnd by this four year old on X-Box Live.
Then you can say that your life sucks.

I went downtown today to get my passport photos taken. I don't know how the rules are in America, but here in Soviet Canuckistan, you are no longer allowed to smile in your passport photos. I think the goal is to make everyone look like a terrorist, or something. On the first photo, I decided to be a goof and make a =D face right as the flash went off. The passport lady was not amused. Then, I went to hand in all my passport forms. It's my first actual passport. I haven't left the country since I was about four, so needless to say, I don't remember sweet fuck all about what I did. Anyways, I found out just last week that I'm going to Scotland with my grandmother in about six weeks! My uncle was supposed to go with her, but he is headcrab zombie (three cheers for once obscure memes!), so now I get to go. Any of you been to Scotland? What are good touristy things to do out there? Leave me a comment down below with any suggestions.

Yesterday, I went out to dinner with my family to a friends' house. They have two teenage kids. I've known them since they were about five or six, I believe, and now they're both in high school. We both went to the same school, so they asked me what are good courses to take. And really, this goes out to all you kids: if you have the opportunity, study digital film production. My school had it, and I know a few other school offer it as an applied skill and fine art, so if it's available at your school, take it. Even if you don't plan to pursue a career in the film industry, take it because it's fun and it's a great way to potentially boost your entire grade average and it's a good skill to have. It's hard work, but it pays off and nothing is more fun than having playing on set. Some of the best times of my life have been on set.

I think I'm very lucky to be able to be in an industry such as film. I love what I do. I've had all kinds of awesome experiences, that also look damn good on a resume. I did a film job for Faber Drive in February. That was pretty awesome. Of course, though, there have been moments where I've been banging my head against a keyboard, muttering, *ilovemyjobilovemyjobilovemyjob*, but to actually see what you've worked so hard on pay off at a screening or it wins awards - it's the best feeling in the world. You feel invincible.

There's really been only one case where I've had to quit a job because I couldn't find myself getting along with the actor. It was about two years ago, and it was a small, drama / experimental film. The boy who wrote the script asked me to direct and edit it, and he wanted to star in it. So, we got our small crew together, and for the first bit, it was going quite smoothly. I don't want to get all into it, because we could be here all night, but basically, this actor had no idea how the process of film works, and because of his dumb-fuckery, he deleted half of the movie off the computer, then taped over the footage so we couldn't recapture it, and then, behind our backs, went and did his own filming with his friend. (He also revealed himself to be a myopic dipshit who didn't fully comprehend the concept that when people die, other people are left really, really sad.) I couldn't deal with him anymore, so I left, and then the rest of the crew left and the film was never completed. Of course, most actors I've worked with are professional and know their place, so I hope it will never happen again.

One of the best parts about my job, in my opinion, is that when you're working behind the camera, you don't have to show up in a stuffy suit and high heels. Nope; my feet are comfy cozy in my sneakers and yoga pants. Probably one of my favorite pictures of me is when I'm working on set with no makeup. I think that was from the set of All In, I'm not sure.

And let's not forget the parties! This weekend, I went to a kegger / fundraiser for Tucker. We were trying to help raise money so it can be sent to film festivals all over the world. It's already nominated at the International Film Festival - Ireland! Not as many people showed up as we were hoping, (turns out that the "Maybe" function is the most polite way to say, "no",) but we still raised a bit of money, and it's hard to complain that it was a bust when you're living it up with good friends and a keg.

Image
Marco & Zia

Image
A cat is fine, too. (Myself & Oriana, the costumes girl.)

Image

Image

Image
Zia is amazing and there is no limit to how much he makes me laugh, or to how pointy my chin is.

I've lived through rock bottom and I'm all the way to sky high. But I think we should all take a minute to count our blessings.

- Linden

PS: What's YOUR dream job?
July 21st, 2009 at 10:54am