Last night's reminder- CAUTION: contains teen angst.

Last night I was reminded of the days when we were together. It was an amazing culmination of those blessed days when we were together... before SHE separated us. We stood together once again, watching the band that first brought us together. I had to laugh when they preformed our song.

You laughed to as I danced like an idiot. I don't pretend I didn’t notice that you grip around her waist loosened while you stood and watched. You laughed again when I squealed and swooned as the songs kept coming. I know you enjoyed them too.

We jumped in the air. We screamed the words over the sound of the speakers, but only those nearest could hear us. To think you almost passed it up, but you couldn’t stay away. Just like I can’t stay away.

And for once our song didn’t make me cry. Maybe it is a sign that I am moving on, or that you no longer have such a hold on my heart. It’s been months, I should hope I’ve moved on. But I can’t seem to forget all those nights in your room, in your car, singing to each other.

I have to wonder if the memory of that first night, when you brought me that coke to my window at four in the morning, played back through your mind. I know it played through mine Sometimes I wish I could forget our last big conversation and all the things we shouldn’t of said.

“You’re too good for me, I’m a druggie, and I have problems. I can barely keep myself from hurting myself. You deserve someone whole.” You said. We both know I didn’t care about any of that. You did though.

And so weeks later you met her and you’re happy now. Or so we pretend. I’m still here, I’m still waiting. At least now I’m better then miserable. So maybe our song isn’t totally true. “With out you I’ll be miserable at best,” but I’m better then miserable.

Who knows what lies ahead? We’ll grow up. I’ll run far away. But someday I’ll find you. Our song will always be in a special part of my heart I couldn’t tell you if your memory will last so long. Either way last night was a reminder to the both of us how perfect we are together. Weather you want perfection or not.
July 28th, 2009 at 12:44am