I failed.

So I haven't been on Mibba in the longest time. I used to be on here all the time - writing stories & journals, posting on the forums, interacting with people. Then I just...stopped.

Well, I'm back, if only for this one journal entry. Turns out I need this - a place to vent where nobody I know irl will see it.

I just failed my driving test.

I JUST FAILED MY FUCKING DRIVING TEST. -curls up into a ball and dies-

I went to the DMV and took the written test, got a perfect score...but then they decide to send me to a DMV in another area, one that I'm not too familiar with, to take the road test, because they're too busy. I could either go, or wait a day or two. I chose to just go.

Bad fucking move on my part.

As soon as I get there, I realize that I have no idea what's going to happen. All of my friends took their tests at the other place and were just like "Oh, it's only backroads and then backing into a spot. Piece of cake." Here, I have nothing whatsoever to go by.

Fast forward - I'm in the car actually taking my test. The examiner is right next to me, this stout little white-haired lady in her cop uniform. I'm doing fine.

I pull up to an intersection, make my legal stop. It's a four-way intersection with no traffic lights. I have a stop sign, the people across from me have one, and as far as I can tell, the people on my left and right have stop signs too. I go.

Again. BAD. FUCKING. MOVE.

As soon as I clear that intersection, she's like "Did you see those three cars right there? They could have hit us. You had a stop sign, they didn't. You needed to yield the right of way."

Cue the shiver down my spine. "Oh." My voice cracks.

We head back to the DMV. Tears start streaming down my face, making my neck and chest all sticky. I keep forgetting to signal. If there was any hope that I still had a chance, it just died.

We pull into a spot. Incredibly crooked, mind you. She says, "You know you didn't pass, right?"

I can't say anything. I just sob and sob. I have to go back into the DMV building, crying harder than I ever have. I'm a mess. Everybody sees me. Everybody knows what happened.

Plus I'm Asian, so in their heads they were probably all like "LOL ASIAN GIRL FAILED HER TEST!!!"

I'm going back for my test next week, but I'm really scared. I feel like my life has taken a turn for the worse right now. So dramatic.

I'm embarrassed. I'm depressed. My plans for the week are ruined. I just suck. This just sucks. This just fucking sucks, because I KNOW I'm a good driver. Like, I'm actually REALLY good. But a careless mistake pretty much cost me everything. And that's life.

Has anybody else failed their test before? Please, tell me I'm not alone.

By the way, sorry if anything in this entry breaks rules or whatever. Like I said, I haven't been on Mibba for months - hell if I remember the rules xD
August 3rd, 2009 at 10:53pm