For once, I need the advice...

So I have this co-worker that I've known for about a month and a half. We'll call him Craig only because he looks more like a Craig than what his real name is. Alright, so Craig is a decent looking guy, but he gives off this "I don't give a $#!T" vibe. He takes insults as compliments. He's that type of guy.

But this is the thing. I've been told by five different people that the way he seems to treat me signals he's got a crush. He was beginning to piss me off so bad there for a while because he would say smart crap to anything I said.

For instance, my favorite:

Me: "I'm getting a brain freeze from this smoothie."
Him: "How can you get a brain freeze if there's nothing to freeze?"

The big jerk.

But at other points, it's just weird how he acts. Sometimes he playfully teases me. He sometimes actually helps me, and he doesn't really help anyone else around there. For instance, the other day I was folding letters, stuffing them into envelopes and stamping them, and he came over and told me to give him half so he could help. He takes patients' charts back for me so I don't have to walk to the dropbox thing. He does stuff like that, yet he annoys me any chance he gets. Also, the other day he joined me and "the girls" for lunch for the first time, and I caught him staring at me for a bit. I looked at him and said, "...what?"

Him: "Nothing." *goes about business and doesn't stare anymore*

So, are you still reading? Good, thank you very much.

Several people have been trying to tell me he's got a thing for me, but I've been hesitant to believe it. Why? Well before we get into that, what do you guys think? Does it sound like he's got a thing for me?

If he does, I've got a problem with that.

Why?

Here's why.

He's got a wife.

And a newborn child.

And he's twenty-seven. Or twenty-eight. One or the other I believe.

And I'm sixteen. (Though I look to be twenty or so, I'm told.)

So yeah. There's my problem.

Should also add that yesterday I met his wife and talked to her for a bit. She's SO EXTREMELY NICE...but they just don't look like they're right for each other. For one, she's TOO FREAKING NICE for him. For real. And if it turns out that he's a manwhore, she doesn't deserve that. In fact, I overheard the two of them talking yesterday. He was being a bit smart with her--ALMOST to the point of intimidating her. I lost a lot of respect for him. I mean, he doesn't even treat me that bad.

So yeah. What do you guys think, eh? Comments are appreciated. For real. Cause I'm confused and very, very curious.
August 7th, 2009 at 10:20pm