Hate

Hate; 'Intense animosity or dislike; hatred.
An object of detestation or hatred' [Definition thanks to Google.]

Hate, is a strong word, as we were told as children and maybe even now. Many use the word lightly. When people show a dislike they tend to use the word hate to display it. This is not the right way.

I admit to it. I say hate often, lightly, and really when I shouldn't. It's almost like a curse word to feelings. Having someone say they 'hate' you hurts, really it does, whether we care to admit it or not.

The word hate is often directed to celebrities, sports teams, and other known events or people:
"Oh, I hate Miley Cyrus, she's such a slut."
"The Jonas Brothers suck. I hate them!"
"I hate the Detroit Red Wings, go Pens!"
"I hate that show. Change it to ______."
And the list goes on.....
This can be offensive to fans of the things spoken of, or even normal people.

The word hate is often used in a joking manner, which can be a good or bad thing. It can lighten the mood, or be taken in a way it was not sent out.

We need to know, we don't have to love something to not hate it. We can be neutral, care less, not be fond of, or dislike. Hate is a drastic way of saying the things listed above.

I understand that sometimes we might truly hate something, and that's why we say it. Sure, you have a right to your opinion, but do you really need to spread it in such a manner? The simple answer is no.

Furthermore, those lessons we learnt as children can actually help us. 'Be kind to others. Hate is a strong word. Use "I-Care" language.' We need to know that positive is always superior to negative. Together, we can make a difference.

If you have any positive comments, leave them below. Remember, no haters.

(:
August 11th, 2009 at 03:39pm