What a summer!

This has been the worst summer vacation I have ever had.
It all began with the earthquake of 7.3 that shook us one night.
I must say I am still traumatized!
It was 2 in the morning. It left us with out power for a day and water for a few weeks.
A few weeks later--the "military coup".
Our EX-president was really an asshole. He wanted us to become communists and no one really wanted that. 80% of the country was against it. So there were curfews and strikes and such. Strikes from that 20% that supported our such ex-president are still happening. Recently they burned down a Popeye's restaurant and a bus in our capital. Many think our ex-president Mel Zelaya is still fighting for his "power" because of all the business he got into with the president of Venezuela Chavez.
All I really want is for all this to end but I know that if people tell me is going to end soon all they are doing is creating false hope.
Now this last Sunday a classmate of mine was murdered. He has been kidnapped for about four weeks now and even though his parent gave the money to kidnappers, they still killed him. It has been sad. We start school on Monday and our class t-shirt is being redesigned so it can have any kind of memory of him. The shirt will be dedicated to him.
We miss you Carlos:(
Now the only highlight of my summer was that I stayed with my sister for 3 weeks and had a blast with her.
Weird for me to say this but I am really glad the summer vacations are over on Monday.
*sigh
August 16th, 2009 at 05:44am