Editing

Ever want a second look at your work before you submit it? Ever worry about your story lines and how well the plot develops? Does it flow? Did I miss a typo? This sentence is awkward, but still good, should I keep it?

I, ladies and gentlemen, can help. I've been a professional novel editor for about a year now. On this site, I've edited a few things for people, nothing major, a few points here and there of what they need to fix and work on. All around, having an editor beta your work is always a great way to develop your writing style and ability.

If you want a story edited, contact me through messages. Do NOT send your entire story through a message on mibba. If you want something edited, contact me first, explaining the plot of the story, the general idea, and what you want done. I will then send you my email, and you can send me the story through there.

Rules:

I do not edit fanfictions of any kind. This include Twilight, Harry Potter, The Vampire Diaries, MCR/A7X/Panic! At the Disco/All Time Low/The Academy Is.../Any other bandfic, The Uglies series, Degrassi, Tim Burton (The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd, etc, etc), Comic book fiction (The Joker, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Cat woman, etc), The Lord of the Rings, and many, many more. I'm sorry if this is an inconvenience, but I believe any serious writer can think of their own original ideas, instead of writing about someone else's works. This doesn't mean I don't like fanfiction, I do - only certain things. But I will not seriously edit it.

Do NOT bother me everyday about your writing. You can set a deadline, and I will try to reach it, but there are no promises. I do have a life, amazingly, so they might be a bit late if something comes up. Just deal.

Do not be self conscious about your work and hesitant to send it to me. If you seriously want to submit it, go ahead. I won't judge you based on your writing style.

I will not steal your ideas. I am a sworn editor, meaning if I actually ever do plagiarize, or send your work to someone else, I can seriously be convicted. I will not do so, believe me.

Don't take what I say too harshly. I am realistic, and I will tell you if you are good enough to make it in the literary world. This does not mean if I say that you aren't quite there yet, that you should quit writing. Just work on it.

My word is not law. If I feel you should change something about a character, it is highly encouraged for the quality of the story, but is not mandatory. These are your ideas, I'm simply helping you with them.

If you use anything along the lines of abbreviated words (i.e.: OMG, LOL, ROFL, u, ily, etc) in sentences in your story, I will send it back and ask you to correct these before attempting to get it edited.

I'm fairly certain that's all I have to say at the moment. So please, contact me, I've been free lately and I've felt as though editing would be a good pastime and a great way to help people out on this site! From what I've read so far, many of you have a lot of potential. Spread the word!
August 17th, 2009 at 04:45am