Warped Tour August 19th, 2009

So I went all the way up to Fresno, Ca (That's 4 hours north from my home) to go see 8 bands.

Forever The Sickest Kids
All Time Low
3OH!3
Sing It Loud
The Maine
This Providence
Every Avenue
We The Kings

I'm not going to waste valuable word space on how awesome each band was and tell you their set lists because 1. I can't remember all of the songs and 2. I find that boring so I thought you would too!

Instead I shall make this fun with pictures and the highlights.

First up was Sing It Loud. It was their smallest crowed all Warped, but there were not that many people in Fresno that went because some of the schools had started or the 19th was their first day and they could not come to Warped. Ah well, it made it awesome since there weren't that many humans blocking my way!
(Since I can't put HTML coded pictures up, I have to link them. I know it's hard to click on the links, but you can do it! I have faith in you!)
Kiren Smith
Sing It Loud in the air, minus Kieren.
Kieren again.
Nate Flynn
Ben Peterson

Next was This Providence. I was not manning the camera for this one, my sister was. So there's only one picture of them. I was not that into seeing them, but my sister was. We saw Eric Halvorsen in the crowd! He was dancing a little and then he disappeared!
This Providence

Then after some down time and a few waters later we ran to catch We The Kings. There was a guy spraying people with a hose and Travis kept trying to get him to come over, but that never happened. Only one picture again. I wanted to watch more than take pictures!
We The Kings

There was a lot of time between We The Kings and Forever The Sickest Kids so we went to a signing for The Maine and for All Time Low. We got into both and they were amazing! The Maine all liked the drawings that I did of them. Pat took pictures of them with his Buzznet phone when we saw him outside Warped while waiting in line. They're on Buzznet now and that's pretty insane! Anyways, they signed them all and got a kick out of my Tim Kirch drawing. They had to show Max and then Max giggled. John thought he looked gross but laughed and told me the drawing was awesome! All Time Low's signing was right after that and we had to go around the corner to get to it. Fan girls in front of us were freaking out when they saw Jack. One of them started hyperventilating and fanning herself because he was twenty feet away from her. Wow. Just wow. They're humans too, but whatever. I'm not here to judge. (She did have Jack sign her bra while it was still on though, classic.) Rian was totally floored when I put the drawing of him in his hands. I passed the rest of the drawings to each of the guys. While I was talking to Rian I caught Alex talking. This is how it went down.
"Damn I look good in this picture."-Alex
"Yea, I had to do a lot of work on you."-Me
"OHHH!!!!"-Rian
*Alex looks like he's just been slapped.*
Then we laughed it off because sarcasm is the way to go.
That's right. I called Alex Gaskarth ugly. This was all in good fun though!
They wanted me to send them the drawings and I told them I would try twitter, but I don't think it's going to work since I've tried before. Jack and Alex's twitters are scary places! While I was then talking to Alex Jack wanted to shake my hand to get my attention. Silly impatient boys! Then I talked with Jack. After he handed me the drawing back I was in front of Zack. He was just sitting there staring at the drawing. He signed it (I love the way he writes his Z's) and looked up at me with a cute shy smile and said quietly, "That's really good." Shyest kid I've ever met hands down!

While waiting for Forever The Sickest Kids to get on stage I spotted K-Dirty texting rather than checking Kyle's drums. I snapped a picture of him. (Obviously) Then FTSK came on. There were crowd surfers and the whole bit. I got kicked in the head and discovered that my scalp was sun burned. Not a good way to discover that!
FTSK
Kent Garrison and Caleb Turman
FTSK again

Next up was The Maine. We missed the first song because FTSK overlapped them a little. That was okay though. We caught the end of it! I stood for a while and then had to sit because my back hurt bad. So while I was down there I took out my sisters Fish Eye camera and took some pictures of people's shoes as a surprise for her. She thought that was kind of cool looking. I stood back up a little while later. John pulled up a kid from the crowd and let him take over on Girls Do What They Want.
The Maine
The Maine 2

Every Avenue was next up. We sat by the sound booth for the whole set because we were all so tired. We could see the stage, but my camera didn't get great pictures.
Every Avenue
2

There was an FTSK meet and greet that we went to after that. I finally met Kent and gave him the C3P0 Pez dispenser that my sister and I found in the grocery store and bought for him. He thought it was the best thing ever. I met Caleb and we traded sun glasses. That was pretty cool. When Kyle showed up we were talking to him, but mid-sentence some girl grabbed him and took up his attention so we left him alone. When we came back later he was all "You guys left me!" but we were cool after that. I didn't get to talk to Jonathan or Marc because security pulled them away before we got the chance to make it to them. I was not about to follow Jonathan across the Warped grounds like some other people were. I figured he was probably tired and security had a good reason for pulling him out so I let him go. He's human after all and I can see him on the Fall tour. He did wave at me, which makes me happy because that means he remembers me! Austin was floored that we drove 4 hours to come see them on Warped. That about sums that up!

Then it was on to 3OH!3. We were in the back out of the crowd because we were tired and didn't want to get into that. Not such great pictures, but you get the idea.
3OH!3
3OH!3 again

After that it was on to All Time Low. We got closer to the stage but hung back by the sound booth. It was cool because we were close enough to get a good view and we had something to lean against. It was dark though so excuse my two horrible pictures of them!
ATL without a flash
ATL all grainy

I met these kids and took pictures.
Kent Garrison
Austin Bello
Caleb Turman We traded glasses, see. Oh, and I don't know what's up with the face I'm making.
Kyle Burns
Ziggy Williamson

Drawings I got signed.
Alex Gaskarth
Jack Barakat
Rian Dawson
Zack Merrick
Garrett Nickelsen
Jared Monaco
John Oh
Kennedy Brock
Pat Kirch
Ziggy Williamson
August 22nd, 2009 at 09:24am