Green Day Concert 8/22/09

First off I just wanted to say last night was the GREATEST night of my entire 16 years on this planet.

And now, time for the concert stuff.

The first thing we did when we got to Phoenix was go to the venue to pick up our tickets (They were Will Call). Since there wasn't a long line we got our tickets really quick. Actually now that I think about it, there was no line at all. After we got our tickets we headed over to the merch booth. There wasn't a big line here. I bought a shirt that had the cities of the tour on the back and my sister bought a shirt that said "Phoenix, AZ August 22, 2009" on the back.

Since we had a few hours left till the show started, my family and I went to lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe that was located across the street from US Airways. Nothing really worth mentioning happened during this except I sat next to one of Les Paul's guitars and a whole bunch of Elvis and John Lennon memorabilia.

When we got back to the venue they started to let people in. We all got in line to be searched. When that was all done we waited in line to get inside the actual venue itself. Since we had floor seats we all had to get bracelets. Just so you know, I am still wearing mine. We waited in line for about an hour and a half but it didn't feel that long.

Once they started letting people inside, people started running and they got in trouble by security. We had to find where the floor entrance was which didn't take long. We managed to get in the 6th or 7th row on the floor! We waited for about two hours on the floor until the show started.

First off, I would like to say Franz Ferdinand really surprised me. They put on a great live show! I was impressed. During their set, there was this guy, I think he was foreign, who was jamming during all of their set. It was amusing to watch. During Franz Ferdinand's last song they all went over to the drum kit, which was tiny might I add, and all started to play the drums. I will say this again, they put on a great live show!

After waiting about 40 minutes Green Day came onstage and I went crazy! Taylor and I were right inbetween Billie's mic and Mike's mic. We were only about 10 to 15 feet away from them! When the pyro was going off, we could feel the heat from it! Words cannot describe how I was feeling during the show. Billie is an AMAZING front man and I love how incorporates the crowd during every song!

Towards the middle of the set Billie brought out a water gun and began to shoot at the crowd. He shot water DIRECTLY at me and I got hit right in the middle of my forehead, which soaked my face and shirt. Then he brought out a gun that shot out t-shirts.

They played for about two hours and forty-five minutes. During the whole concert people were trying to get infront of me and this one guy ticked me off so I kept pushing him out of my way. They played for about 2 hours and 45 minutes. I was amazed that I managed to stay so close to the front for the entire show without passing out because it was so hot!

I sang along to almost all of the songs and I still have my voice today, which is amazing because I shouted during the entire show!

When the show was over someone was handing out posters and I managed to get one.

I forgot to add, I think I was standing next to one of the guys from the Naked Brothers Band.

As I said before, this was the best night of my life!

Here is the set list:

Song of the Century
21st Century Breakdown
Know Your Enemy
East Jesus Nowhere
Holiday
Static Age
Before the Lobotomy
Are We The Waiting
St. Jimmy
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
2000 Light Years Away
Hitchin a Ride
You Really Got Me (Kinks/Van Halen Cover)
Welcome to Paradise
The Judge's Daughter
When I Come Around
Brainstew/Jaded
Longview
Basketcase
She
King For A Day/Shout/???/House of the Rising Sun/Satisfaction/I'll Be There
21 Guns
Minority
American Idiot
Jesus Of Suburbia
Last Night On Earth (acoustic)
Good Riddance (acoustic)
August 23rd, 2009 at 09:48pm