So, The Used.

I got to see them last night after all, the tickets went back on sale a few days after I thought they had sold out.

It was absolutely amazing. Seriously one of the best concert's I've been to.

I went with my dad, which wasn't my best idea after hearing some of the language that came out of everyone's mouth but I was just glad I got to go. I was up on the balcony area, and am I glad I was. I would never have managed to handle it down in that crowd. It was crazy.

The Hexes were on first and they just went straight into it. About five minutes from getting inside and they were playing which was good. I think they're an English band. They reminded me a bit of Biffy Clyro but not as good. They were okay but they weren't brilliant. Maybe just 'cause I didn't know any of the songs.

Next up were We Are The Ocean. Now they were good. I'd heard of them before but never heard any of their stuff. Again there wasn't long waiting around doing nothing, they just went for it. I liked how their songs had that little bit of melodic singing in them as well as the screaming. The lead singer, Dan I think, was crazy. 2nd last song and he busted his lip on something, I don't know what 'cause I wasn't looking, all I saw was the blood. He was covered in it. And he knocked over his water, so was slipping all over the place, while people tried to clean it up. He also jumped into the crowd and I mean right in "bringing the mosh" as he put it.

They went off then there was a bit of a wait as they set up but next up were The Used. I hadn't exactly been having the most fun up until then but as soon as they came on, I felt as if I were on cloud nine. Just seeing them and being there was amazing. My throat is still sore from screaming and singing all the lyrics [every single one of them] as loud as I could.

Around about the second song, Quinn was doing that chilled out thing where he just plays and looks seriously around the crowd and he looked up. I waved at him and he smiled and waved back. I swear I almost spontaneously combusted. That was the highlight of my night that was.

Bert looked up a few times and me and the two girls next to me waved but he only looked he was far too into it to wave I think. I could hardly see Dan as the speakers were in the way of his face but I could tell that he played his heart out. They're quality of playing live is amazing, not many bands can play that well live. Bert talked to us, showing the difference between the way we say Garage [the name of the gig] he actually did the typical Scottish accent, it was brilliant. And when they finished On My Own, he said we were actually going to make him cry because we kept screaming for even more.

As you can probably tell I enjoyed my self so damn much. I always regret it when I don't go out after the show and wait for the band and that's the only thing I do regret. Maybe if I weren't with my dad I would have done. That would have made the night the best. I'll definitely go see them again if they come back.

If you got through all that you deserve a medal! =]
September 19th, 2009 at 01:23pm