Concerning a guy's version of "love" and the relay of sweet nothings

Gosh. I could laugh in this guy's face right now. I was in first period, passing notes to my guy friend even though we where sitting right by each other.
And just so you get a mental picture of what he's like, I'll tell you that he's a good for nothing dog with three different girlfriends (none of them know about each other) and a knack for doing everything wrong on purpose. He's the kind of guy that will sit in class and deliberately take out his phone so he can argue about if he should get a referral or not. He's one of those people who pick fights, wears super baggy pants, and thinks he can rap when he can't.

To put it frankly - he's my friend, but he's definitely not my type.

I guess my problem today is this: while passing notes, he brought up a topic I've already dreaded when conversing with my guy friends - "Being something more."
Ugh, god, I can't stand that phrase. 'I wanna be more than friends.' It's so unoriginal and desperate and just...lame. It's an instant put off.

Then he goes on to say things like

You mean the world to me, I would never try to hurt you.
I love you, baby, so why can't we be something more?
You're the only thing that matters to me.

Oh-kay, hold up.
I've known this idiot for a mere two months. The only time we get to talk is three times a day from across the room or through notes. We have nothing in common, know close to zilch about each other, and yet he tells me he loves me.

After he's told me about his relationships with his girlfriends like I'm one of his guy buddies or something - yeah, lots of details there.
Excuse me if I seem like I'm the one in the wrong here, but I'm pretty sure it's hard to fall for a guy who's hotheaded and uses corny pickup lines like "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?". All that fake mushy shit is just soo...annoying and petty. I want nothing to do with him right now, I'm so vexed.

I hate it when guys (or people in general, really) think they can swoon someone by using retarded pickups and phrases and pretend to really care about you when they don't. What's worse is when I can see so clearly through the lies and they can't even realize it.

I mean - really?

I'd love to just punch him in the face every time he spoke to me, but I'd probably end up getting my ass handed to me if I did. xD
I don't really know where this rant is going at this point. These thoughts have been running around in my head all throughout the day, and I felt like Mibba was the place to let them run free for the time being.


~CI.

A guy's gotta try a little bit harder than that if they want to act like their emotions are really there for someone.
September 24th, 2009 at 04:07am