I met The Used. AGAIN. <3

SEPT 23RD 2009; I MET THE USED FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS YEAR. <333

This is amazing. Last Monday, I once again flew from Norway to London, UK, in order to see The Used live.
I saw them Wednesday 23rd, and after sitting outside the venue and waiting for 12 hours, the doors finally opened.
I was all the way in front, at the barrier in the center, and the gig itself was just amazing.
The support bands were Hexes and We Are The Ocean.
During one of We Are The Ocean's songs, the lead singer, Dan, stood on the barrier in front of me, and leaned on my shoulder. (':
Also, I got his crotch in my face which was rather interesting. xD
At one point, he actually managed to fall somewhat, and I got his knee smashed into my nose.
But, hey; no pain, no game, eh? ;D
Later, he skydived from the stage and landed on my head, ahaha.

The Used came on at 9:18 pm, and they opened with "Blood On My Hands".
The setlist was amazing, and they played a lot of songs from their new album "Artwork".
During their show, I got eye contact with Bert and he looked at me several times. :'D
Halfway through the show, he suddenly started to sing this random song, and said that whoever could guess the original singer was going to get a VIP pass.
I began throwing out all these names of different singers just in case I was correct, but of course, no one managed to guess who the singer was as Bert started singing 'piggy wiggy' and so on. xD
Then he was all "It's Neil fuckin' Diamond, people!", and for no particular reason, I screamed that Neil Diamond sucked.
Then Bert looked at me and said; Shut up, you fucking piggy wiggy. You didn't even guess, ahaha.
I actually did guess a whole lot, but I didn't really bother due to the fact that I was so stoked that he actually talked to me. (':
After that, Bert suddenly pointed and said; "I'll fuck you mom. Is that your mom?"
And I was all nooo because she was the mom to the girl next to her again.
"Well, either way, you wanna come up onstage and fuck, mom?"
She said; "No, no. Take her instead", and looked at me. xD
Bert started laughing and said that he'd fuck my mom if she was here, ahaha.

The gig was over at 10:37 pm, and after that, I ran outside the venue and found my way to the entry to the backstage area and just started waiting.
There were people gathering outside there to wait for the guys as well, and after about an hour, we could all see Dan from the second floor of the building next to the venue.
He began throwing bananas, apples, beer cans and pizza from the window and down to us, and it was all just hilarious. xD
Bert, Quinn and Jepha peeked outside the window too, before Dan got down to meet us.
Man, you wouldn't believe it, but he looked like a cave man, ahaha.
His hair is really long and wavy, and his beard is just awesome. I love it. ;D
When I met him, I told him that I'd traveled all the way from Norway again like I did in August, and he actually remembered me!
I thanked him for putting my name on The Used's private guest list back in August, and he said no problem, and that it was his pleasure. (':
I talked to him for a while, got his autograph on one of my The Used posters that I'd brough with me, and got a hug and a picture with him before he left again.

After Dan left, Jepha came, and I got him to sign my The Used poster as well.
Before Jepha even saw the whole thing, he said; "Dude, who's wearing that awful green t-shirt? I mean, that's a foul color."
And I was all, um, that's you. xD
Ahaha, he began to laugh and didn't believe me at all.
He was just like; "No way! You gotta show me that poster!"
I did, and he started to laugh at how his hair looked like at everything.
Jepha was so funny and just looked at the poster and said; "Man, what was I thinking that day wearing that t-shirt?"
He signed it and I got a picture with him, before we started talking.
I asked him why they hadn't come to Scandinavia again this year, and said in a humoristic voice that I didn't have that much money to fly abroad all the time to see them. xD
Jepha said that he had an amazing time last time The Used were in Norway, and he mentioned 'the festival at that island', which actually was correct considering the fact that they played at The Hove Festival which is located on an island at the South of Norway. :'D
I thought it was so amazing that he actually remembered that because they were there June last year, which is pretty long ago.
I nearly begged Jepha to come back, particularly to play at a venue in Norway's capital Oslo called Rockefeller, and he actually gave me a mission.
He said that in order for them to come and play, the radio stations have to play their songs and spread the music, and that the book makers have to book them to a venue and so on.
I got so amped, and said that I was going to call the biggest radio stations in Norway along with contacting venues in Norway's capital Oslo to make it happen and for them to come back next year.
Jepha just smiled and said that if I make that happen, I'm going to get a VIP and backstage pass. (':

After about an hour, we got to know that The Used's tour bus was late and that the guys were running out of time.
They were going back to the US that same night, and I could sense that Jepha and Dan were pretty stressed.
It looked like Bert and Quinn had snook out, and avoided the 20-people crowd that was outside the venue because no one had seen them after the show.
But we were wrong; at around 1:30 am, Bert came out with a security guard that was guiding him to the now arrived tour bus, and no one of us was able to talk to him or anything.
One girl started crying and I really felt bad for her 'cause she was on holiday in London and was from Spain. :/
Everyone started running after Bert and the security guard, but he was one big motherfucker, so no one got past him.
But I was determined to at least get a hug from Bert, so I ran across the busy London street, nearly got hit by a double-decker bus, and found myself standing in front of Bert who was rushing towards the tour bus.
All I said was; "Hi, Bert. I love you."
And he said; "I love you too, sweetie", and gave me an amazing hug. <3

Just as I was about to leave, I saw Quinn coming, rushing his way towards the tour bus.
I said hi to him and before I knew it, he hugged me, kissed me on the cheek and said; "Hey, it's you! How are you?"
I was so shocked due to the fact that he actually remembered me from last time, and also that he kissed me on the cheek. (':
We were standing outside the tour bus, and I got him to sign the The Used poster that I had brought with me, and also thanked him fro giving me money back in August.
He was so pleased to know that I found a place to crash for the night then and that I made it home safely.
The clock had just passed 2 am, and Quinn was guided into the tour bus.
Bert waved at me from the bus door and blew me a kiss before we all saw them disappearing into the busy London traffic on their way back to the States.

You know, I can honestly say that it was the best gig I've ever been to.
Even though the capacity of this venue was around 1000-1500, which was big in comparizon to the 200 people from the last gig in August, it was just something about the atmosphere that I'll never forget. <3
I'm going to call the venue in Oslo, Rockefeller next week and make them contact whoever is in charge of making The Used come to Norway.
Because I promised Jepha, and I never back out of a promise I've made. (':
September 27th, 2009 at 09:24pm