drinking and driving, ( better copy,)

Drinking and Driving
By: Kelsey Saltzman- Taylor

My life was always great until one day, here is my story,
I'm an older blue sun fire, mint condition, I have no idea why my owner wants to get rid of me, I’ve gotten her to the place's she's always wanted to go.
She tells me im trash, but the only trash I see is her putting her old food rappers, and garbage in the backseat. My owner is only young, actually only 19 years old,
She has only had me maybe a few years, but I just can't see why she would just abandon me with some stranger i don’t know.

She wants to sell only for $400.00... in my eyes, im worth a lot more, for instants, my CD player still works, my windows still roll down, one door works, but that’s because she ran into a deer, or well the deer ran into her. It all started one night, Marlin went to this party, and decided to get drunk, and drive home. I would have told her no, don't drive home, but... I’m only a car, all I can do is drive Marlin to place's she want's to go. My life has turned around so much since the accident, I want her to fix me up and keep me, but it's gonna be highly impossible now... When the new owner is coming to get me in three days somehow I have to prove to her im in love with her. I know I’m just a car, but I’m more then just that, I have feelings too... but how can I express them to Marlin...?

A few hours later, Marlin comes out of another party... drunk as can be, no license or id ... either she is gonna get caught by the cops, and I’m going to be taken away, or she is going to get into an accident again.
No sooner after I had thought that to myself. Marlin ran into a bridge... instantly killing her, and demolishing me right in half, while also burning me to crisp. The cops were called, the ambulance came, but there was nothing they could do to save her life, they couldn’t figure out, why she drank so much, and decided to drink and drive.

These are the mystery’s that still haunt me, to this day while im in car heaven. Just thinking about Marlin, gas runs out of my headlights as i cry. Lighting storms frighten me as they clap, bang and bong... I cannot be put into a car lot no more.

Poor Marlin died because of me, the car she called trash, the car she decided to get into after she drank too much, why did I think those thoughts as she was driving me. Now I will never know... what Marlin will ever grow up to be.
September 29th, 2009 at 04:11pm