Why does no one forgive and forget anymore?

Hola all,

While I was cleaning my room, doing my daily chores, and hoping that I can go to my ex-boyfriends birthday party Saturday. I realized that my mom is not familiar with this expression....one bit. She doesn't want my to go to his party this weekend, because he "hurt me" when we broke up earlier this year. Heres the thing though, he didn't hurt me that bad AT ALL!! He told me that he saw me as a sister...I was right on with him. I understood, and quickly got over him. I forgave him for breaking my heart, I became his friend again. My mom won't let that go, becasue apparently that is an unforgivable thing to do. And I got into some trouble this summer, because she found out that one of my friends...er ex-friends smoke. She asked me if any of my other friends smoked, I wasn't going to lie about that..nuh-uh..that is just stupid, so I said my ex used to. She asked what I told, Cigs, and Pot. She's so stuck on that, that she keeps bringing up as an excuse that I'm going to do that sorta stuff..I don't want to not at all! But she's saying stuff that makes her seem like a hypocrite, because from the stories that she's told me, she was a major pot head in her younger days. So, What the heck?

But, anywho enough about my mellow drama. It just seems that a lot of people these days, are always so stuck in the past. It's like they don't know how to move on. It's like all the days are coming to are about, the past, lies, and trash talking everyone you know. Has everyone seriously forgotten that oh so famous saying?...

'FORGIVE AND FORGET.'

So, yup.Bye-Bye.
October 8th, 2009 at 12:09am