Lying

Last night, two of my friends and I went to go see The Invention Of Lying. It was awesome because we got in free because one of my friends works with the manager at a different job and bribed him with peanuts. The guy who took the bribe to bring it to the manager looked at us crazy like: what the hell am I supposed to do with these? It was great. So we watched the movie, which wasn't as good as I thought it would be. But don't get me wrong, it was still really funny. I wish everyone in the world spoke what was on their mind like that. Well, maybe not. A lot of people would get in fights. So I guess lying is sometimes a good thing and keeping something to yourself is a good thing too.
Anyway, what I'm getting at is, on the way home, we all decided to not lie the next day. At all. No little white lies or half truths. So far one person failed. He lied to his mom. So now its down to me and my girlfriend. So we upped the stakes and said that if we both make it through today, we have to keep going. And we are also betting on it. We don't know exactly what we are betting on yet, just that we are. So this will definitely be interesting. I'm excited to see how this plays out. It's 1:55 and I haven't lied yet.
October 13th, 2009 at 08:55pm