MY ANTI-SLEEPING STRIKE / HOW NOT TO SLEEP 101

so recently i dropped out of uni to focus on my writing. plenty of other crap gone down before that, and i have my reasons, but that's not what this post is about.

so, also recently, my parents decided i shouldn't sleep after midnight. says my body clock is messed up (which it already was since like... four years ago) and it's unhealthy and shit. even if i already sleep during the day. i tried to explain that the reason i actually dropped out was to focus on writing, and some things only come after midnight. at like, 3am. my brain is wide awake as the world sleeps.

alas, my dad is managerial services and my mom was an accountant. you can imagine how far my artistic brain is from their thinking. so they refuse.

so i came up with a way to, eh, protest. mostly coz i'm bored. i'm gonna prove to them that i'm not gonna sleep in the morning even if they make me turn off the laptop, which they think is the cause of my insomnia. well, partly, coz it's where i write stuff.

anywaaayyy, i'm just gonna enumerate the things i've been doing from 1am-5am when my house wakes up and i rise along with them.

so, sometimes, i take some cold powdered milk, mix into a drink, dissolve 138902141290489 oreos into it, and eat it. sometimes i even twist, lick, and dunk. you know. when i'm feeling special. or sometimes i go healthy, and go banana nut or almond crunch bran cereal. all-wheat, you know. full of fiber. makes the bowels go smoothly. that consumes like, an hour and a half if i'm enjoyable.

Image
^^LOLOL OREO. SO I WASN'T THAT BORED. WTAF HUMANITY.

so then i kill time by reading. i don't wanna read anything too... i don't know. not so deep. something lighthearted. so far i've eaten the book thief--not that it's not deep, or a good book, but i really love zusak's style. it's so easy to get into. yeah. so i went from that, to time traveler's wife. i mean, i love the story and all, which is the best part of it, but it's not the best book ever and there are definitely loads more better writers, even online. so after that, i ingested the first gossip girl book. wooh. and i remembered once more how different it actually is from the series, and how it's written like fanfiction. the bad kind. haha. and then, just recently, the simplest, weakest, sarah dessen book, someone like you. it was okay.

i mean, if it was up to me, i'd rather have read some stuff online in place of like, two books up there. anywayyyyyy...

so yeah. that usually consumes it. but then somedays i'm not in the mood to read a book. one time i made like, a cheese roll and put it in the microwave. it got so hot and melty it wasn't a sandwich at all, but like... mushy cheesy bread pudding. good stuff. that time i was actually trying to make coffee, which my mom forbade me to drink, but then she heard me click on the stove and i grabbed the nearest possible item. the bread rolls. so yeah. sometimes it's peanut butter. depends on what's in the fridge.

sometimes, i don't wanna eat. i go like, super healthy mode. i go on the running machine for like, three hours, and lift weights for one hour, and do crunches for thirty minutes. in that period i watch tv downstairs. once i caught an amazing film, almost famous, in the wee hours of morning, but i didn't have any luck that day. it was all snippets of movies that were already ending, like click, or shows like glee. i watched reruns of america's next top model and lol'ed when someone complained. i even sat through three hours of a wrestling marathon, where i got acquainted with john cena, randy orton, ray mysterio, dx, etc. i still do not understand why all that bashing and caging is necessary. ohyeah, and blind date, where you go on tv to get subtitles and cartoons drawn all over your clips, in the hopes of scoring some. yeah. and disney shows, like hannah montana, which may be occasionally funny, and suite life, because i am a perv and i like to ogle young children, especially hot twins. oh, the best parts were watching like, dexter and powerpuff girls, all replaced by crappy new shows on primetime. oh, my childhood. the 90's were goodtimes, k? cheesy, corny, but goodtimes.

Image
^^K I WANTED A WRESTLING PIC. THIS HAPPENED. IT'S CATS IN A HEADLOCK. WHO DON'T LOVE CATS? UH... PEOPLE WHO LIKE DOGS, APPARENTLY. BUT WHY IS IT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. I LIKE BOTH. AM I AN ANOMALY NOW??

anyway, just a while ago was my best adventure. i was too lazy to read, or eat, or exercise, or watch tv. so i fiddled with my viola a bit, until it annoyed my mom in the next room. so i tried to make a fanmix by looking through songs in my ipod, but i just ended up with a list of thirty songs than i liked, but not necessarily applied to the fandom. faaail. and then i realized i hadn't made poetry in a while. so i tried. and it sucked as well. and so i tried to rearrange my cds. but they fell, and made loud rattley noises, so mom got mad again.

and so i lay on my bed. got a bit loony. i began to sing. like, random syllables. in random tunes. i'm a fail songmaker too, btw. it was like "pala kuchi nuna dunda falli sooo meena kuti pating fali pancha koo daaa" in like a nursery rhyme tune. but not really. i would have disturbed myself if i wasn't so happy at that moment. i would have videoed but it would have scared you. srsly. and then... i got bored once more. so i began to make podfics--audio versions--of the drabbles saved in my ipod. my phone only has 2min memory, so i read one, listened, deleted, over and over. my accent suuuuuuuuuuucks balls. so yeah. and then. came the ultimate.

while rearranging my bookshelves, i stumbled upon a container of blue glitter. with a sprinkle top. so there i was, trying to channel my inner adam lambert.

Image
^^BTW, SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT HIM AND SNOOP DOGG WILL FRIGGIN END YOU.

i began to pour little bits of it on my thighs, since i was in shorts. i was so giggly. only like, 5min later, did i realized the effing fan was blowing all around the room, and i checked the upper half of my body. boom.

so that's why so little of it was getting on my thighs, no matter how much i shook it.

so it so happened i was in a tank top too. and my entire left side, my arm, my shoulders, even the tops of my cleavage, were completely covered in glitter. i laughed, once again, until i brushed and it and it wouldn't come off. okay, so i liked being sparkly, but i was not amused. this is not the right kind of fierce at all. it took a bath, a shower, a hot compress, creams, petroleum jelly, would have used butter when i saw mom making pancake. she excused my awakeness due to my sparklyness, cautioning me that it's like, toxic. but yeah. so. it wouldn't come off. my life.

Image
^^I EVEN TRIED TO MELT MYSELF.

so as i type this now, i am a freaking glittery, sleepless mess. my story isn't going anywhere and my oatmeal is becoming lukewarm downstairs. sigh. brb.

in the meantime, follow me on twitter. i must warn you that i flail excessively and am prone to laughing at dirty, inappropriate things, but other than that, i'm good times :)
October 14th, 2009 at 12:57am