Third Journal- 10/30/09- Friday- Long Rant/Stress Reliever

Ok. This is merely a rant and a way for me to release some anger. I did some research because for Holloween, I'm going to be a Geisha and I wanted to know if they were prostitutes and if I was wrong or not, and to see how they looked. Well, I look them up and read some stuff about Geisha. They are NOT Prostitutes, they are Japanese entertainers. They do tea ceremonies, sing, dance, play instruments; ENTERTAIN people. If they want to, then can parttake in sexual activities with their patrons. Their main purpose is NOT having sex with men for money. They get paid anyway. They can be compared to Jesters in a Court in non-Japanese mideval era. Are Jesters whores? No. Geisha? Well, they are stereotypically found in the red-light district and have sex-stereotypically-but that's not their job. Its optional.

Now, today at school we could dress up since tomorrow is Holloween, so long as we didn't wear masks and it was school appropriate. Well, I wore a Chinese Cheongsam that was a gold/yellow color (despite the fact that's not my favorite color, I really do love it xD) with a kind of brown/bronzy color for leaves and... well it is simpy a pretty, silky, awesome Cheongsam in my opinion. I'm wearing my hair in a high bun on my head with a thin red scarf in a bow around it since it's also Red Ribbon Week/ Anti-Drugs etc. Black eyeliner, smokey ash kind of color eyeshadow that has a kind of silvery look in the light, some reddish pink lipstick, and fake eyelashes on just the sides of my eyes so that it adds some length (also going to wear these tomorrow). I'm not wearing any white makeup on my face and look nothing like a Geisha since I'm doing that tomorrow.

A girl who stands next to me in P.E. on our numbers (I'm taking Recreational swim for my second and last year of P.E. in highschool, but we take roll out on the blacktop... numbers...yeah.) and she looks at me and asks, "Oh, are you a Geisha?" So I reply with a nice, "No, I'm a Chinese Hostess." She says, "Yeah, so you're a Prostitute." I frown. "No.. I'm a hostess. Geisha aren't prostitutes." She gets a slight attitude and argues, "Yes they are." My friend and I love Asians due to our obsession with animes and stuff and the Asian cultures are so exotic, new, foreign, and so interesting to us so when someone is -whether they know it or not- insulting the Asian culture, we get a little pissed, but try to correct them or let them know they're wrong.

Now, before I continue, I mean NO offense whatsoever. I am not rascist and don't care what your nationality is. My friends are mexican, white, irish, black, native american, etc. and I could care less what you are as long as your nice. You know? I'm also a pacifist so its not smart if I go off insulting someone since I won't fight back unless I'm cornered or just that pissed, otherwise I'm like 'RUN!'. Yes, a coward and a pacifist. Well, the girl next to me is Mexican (NO OFFENSE. I'M SORRY IF YOU'RE MEXICAN, BUT I AM NOT INTENTIONALLY TRYING TO OFFEND YOU!! >_<) and keeps arguing with me saying Geishas are whores. This pisses me off because she assumes that she knows what the hell she's talking about.

I'm fucking Japanese and did research on them so BITCH FUCK. OFF. Anyway, my friend Cierra says what Geisha's do; they entertain people and that them being called prostitutes is stereotypical but that's not their main job. A boy next to my friend then responds with quoted fingers "Yeah, but what kind of 'Entertainment'" so we told him to fuck off and shut up. Another girl listening to our conversation says that Geisha are whores. I am now pissed off and stressed. "NO. THEY ARE NOT WHORES. GEISHA CAN I REPEAT: CAN IF THEY WANT TO AND THE PERSON THEY'RE ENTERTAINING WANT TO THEN THEY MAY HAVE SEX." Chantel (the girl next to me who started it) responds with, "Well, any person that is paid to have sex is a whore." BITCH, THEY GET PAID ANYWAY. HAVING SEX WOULD JUST BE A BONUS.

This may be wrong or whatever by law/morals/whatever, but if a student sleeps with a teacher, are they a whore? No. They are not getting paid. If a secretary sleeps with her boss and is getting paid for being a secretary and NOT getting a bonus for fucking him, are they a whore? No. Geisha get paid for simple entertainment. Geisha was originally translated to 'Hostess' in Japanese (So I'm told and I believe that.) Hell, I thought they where whores before I looked it up. I can understand that others think they're whores. From what I read, even many Japanese or Asians think that a Geisha is a whore, simply from the common stereotype.

Now, anyway, I was pissed so I want to hurt someone. Common anger and violent thoughts of murdering the stupid bitch who thinks she knows everything about Japanese (whether that's true or not, I don't really give a shit.) I go over to Cierra who is also pissed and say, "Stupid fucking Americans." No offense to any Americans as well, I'm American and didn't mean everyone in America. I think America is cool and just as interesting as other places. But these fucking dumbasses pissed me off! God Damn. No one has done research. We told Chantel to do research if she doesn't believe us and she simply replied with a why would I do that? FUCK YOU.

What is the difference between a hostess and a prostitute?

Hostess: Greets people, makes them comfortable, serves drinks, food, etc, is NOT paid for sex.

Prostitute: Is paid for sex.

Yeah, there's probably several more things but this is just in general from a very broad outlook and no real details. BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO. A hostess in a resteraunt:

Do they have sex with you? Are they getting paid for that? Or do they serve you and see if you're comfortable? Do they see if your food is to your liking or you may want a refill on your drink? There's no touching. There's no extra payment besides a tip. This is a Geisha except for entertainment. They're most commonly found in the Red-light district I think (I didn't do complete research, just a bit) but not completely. I know, this has been a long, repetitive rant, but I am SO FUCKING PISSED I could honestly care less what the hell people think. If someone says something small such as saying Japanese are Oriental (apparently they find that to be an insult? *shrugs*) Well, you know, I find in my opinion that that is just another way of saying they're Asian, although now that I think about it, its just a bit degrading. I'm not offended. If they say 'Jap' to shorten Japanese, well, I don't mind. I do that too sometimes but I don't mean it in a degrading way.

Adding a tone or insinuating or saying something about Asians, not necessarily just Japanese or Japan, but any Asian culture, really pisses me off. Especially since I am and she wasn't. She knows nothing, nada, zip, ziltch, zero, fucking NOTHING about the Japanese. (I don't care if she does. Fuck her.) Plus, a Cheongsam was origianally from China and moved WEST. Japan=kimonos. China=Cheongsam. Nothing alike, and I wore no white.... Wait I already said that... Oh, and I may not be entirely correct on Japanese not wearing Cheongsams. I'm sorry if I am wrong (most likely) >_>. If she thinks hostesses are whores, she's insulting herself and all women alike and being sexist.

If she is insinuating the fact I said it was 'Chinese' then she's being rascist. Either way, I feel she needs to be slapped or something. I'm really sorry if I offended anyone in this journal (not Chantel. Stupid bitch.) I honestly meant nothing to you other people out there in the world and/or on Mibba, especially if you are of Mexican descent or anything like that because it wasn't you. I have a few friends who are mexican and they are awesome.

Oh, and another thing. A hostess is just a female host. Does a host on a gameshow have sex with people? NO. Well, maybe if you're watching porn or something but honestly -_-... *sigh* well... I feel a bit better... Very repetetive but she effing pissed me off. I'm glad to have been able to put this up.

Have a Happy Holloween!
October 30th, 2009 at 11:59pm