Hearing what others don't. Do you believe in ghosts? [Little old man driving a hummer.]

I just heard a really strange, strange noise. It sounded kind of like those "PEEEW" fireworks. You know those ones that are just a single colored line and they make a high pitched "PEEEW" noise while they're going up, but are silent once they explode into white circles? (I'm sorry that's a horrible description.) I heard that and then I heard something fall down the stairs.

Well, I live near a university. Every spring or summer they'll set off some fireworks as a celebration. I can hear them perfectly but I can't see them. But it's 2:45 on a winter afternoon; it's light out and a crappy day weather-wise.* I couldn't imagine them setting off fireworks in the middle of the day (or the winter) with no reason to.

I looked around to see if anyone else looked as confused as I felt. Did anyone? No. I asked my mom and she said that she didn't hear anything. My dad just gave me a "WTF" kind of look and my brother ignored me. (He's too busy playing video games. xD; Figures.) **Then, maybe an hour or so later, I heard something fall down the stairs. It was loud.

Did anyone hear that? No, of course not. -_-Really, I'm starting to think my family is just deaf. Considering that the fireworks sound only happened once and it sounded much farther away than the ones I usually hear during the summer, I doubt it was the university. The sound of something falling... That, well, I looked down the stairs and nothing was at the bottom. There's nothing on my stairs to begin with, anyways. I actually looked around my entire house and found nothing out of place.

Maybe I'm just overly paranoid and am thinking I hear these noises when I really don't. It's quite possible; I tend to freak myself out more than anyone else ever could.

--------------------

All this talk of hearing noises bring me to the topic of paranormal activity (not the movie). Do you guys believe in ghosts, spirits, or any sort of supernatural being like that? I don't mean do you believe in those shows, only if you believe in the actual beings themselves.

I believe in spirits to an extent. I've had some freaky things happen to me and my friends before, and some weren't all that great. Regardless, I don't believe in any evil spirit. I think there are some not-so-nice spirits, but I don't believe in the devil or any evilness like that. I'm not much of a religious person, though.

Some people say their religion tells them there are no such thing. But aren't angels technically spirits? But let's not get into a religious discussion. Anyways, do you guys know what orbs are?

Many people on TV shows will show pictures with "orbs" in them. They'll be little particles of dust gathered together. I only believe in the bright, detailed orbs; the ones that couldn't have come from anywhere else. I think sometimes people make themselves believe that every single blob on their photos are orbs. It takes a lot for me to believe in them, but there have been quite a few that looked real to me.

--------------------

I saw a little old man driving a hummer. It was such an odd sight to see.

*I just did something epic at the moment I typed "-wise". I don't know if this usually happens, but I clicked my YouTube bookmark by accident. It went straight to YouTube and I was kind of upset that I'd have to re-write a little chunk of my journal. I clicked the "back" button and all of what I had written beforehand was still there! I didn't know Mibba was that magical.

**When I wrote that, I swear I heard something whisper something. I jumped a mile and my mom realized (she's sitting on the other side of the couch). She said she was talking to herself because she's getting annoyed with her computer. That made me feel better.

x.
December 5th, 2009 at 08:57pm