Maryland Bands

Hi there.

So, I live in Maryland and we have some amazing talent here, music wise.
There are some amazing bands in Maryland and I wanted to make a journal promoting some of the talent that I am exposed to almost every time I go to a show. I'm always discovering new bands that I will later fall in love with. Hopefully this journal will cause you to fall in love with these bands just as I have.

First up, Oh, The Story.
This is the first local band I fell in love with. They have all of the components to make it far in the music buisness and I can see them doing great things in their career. They were actually nominated for a Woodie award in the same category as NeverShoutNever! Of course, Christofer Drew took the award home with him, but I wouldn't have been suprised if the boys of OHTS had won. They're songs are amazing, and the powerful lyrics make me smile everytime I listen.



Second, The Apathy Eulogy.

I was introduced to this band when I went to a local show and was given a free CD as a part of Oh, The Story's record release. They weren't playing, and I regret to say that I have yet to see them live. But with first listen of "Resolved To Dream" (the CD I recieved), I was in love. Their vibe is so chill, that whenever I'm in a bad mood, I just listen to them and they cheer me right up. Now, I couldn't find a decent live performance video, so just check out their myspace at:

http://www.myspace.com/theapathyeulogy

Third, Ever SInce Ebbwood.

I love this band. That's all there is to it. They're vocals are just amazing. Plus, their bassist, Kevin, is such a sweetheart...that likes hammocks. Long story. Anywho, you should seriously consider checking them out.

This is a video of an acoustic set they played in a local Hot Topic. Quality is kinda bad, but Kevin is adorable with his tambourine anyways. :)



For a better listen, their myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/eversinceebbwood

Well, that's it for now.
There's a lot more that I could have added, but I don't have the time at the moment.
Maybe I'll make a second one later on.

Enjoy guys!
December 21st, 2009 at 03:47am