Just Sayin' - Titanic Review of 2009 (or 2010?)

I just finished watching the movie Titanic (for, like, the hundreth time), I actually watched it last night on a whim, but meh. Anyways, my eyes were so sore and red, I think I was the only person that cried. I was watching it with just my family, though. Some parts were awkward...

I give a massive round of applause to the director and the producer and the scriptwriters. It was actually the 6th most grossing movie in North America. Yea, that's right, I looked it up.

It's the most touching and heart-tearing movie in the world. And not just about Jack and Rose either, but everybody who was on the ship, really. You watch those scenes with the crowds all running and screaming and it's like, "Oh my God, this was real," right?

My favorite scene, or set of scenes, was when they showed a few of the people who couldn't get off. From the string quartet who chose to die doing what they loved most; the captain, feeling guilty as hell, at the steering wheel ; the architect who designed the ship, also feeling guilty as hell, waiting for his time to come; the elderly couple spending their last moment together; and the mother staying by her children's side as they fell asleep. That part made me cry so much because it made me realize how many actually died. Before it was like, "Wow, over half of the boarders died," but now it's, "Oh my god, over 1400 people who had their whole lives ahead of them were stripped of a chance!"

Al though, I always cried hardest when Rose finds out that Jack's dead. Except, before we started the movie I was thinking about that particular scene and I thought, "What if Rose couldn't get Jack's hand off because they were iced on her too much?"

God, everything friggin' tragic. I could love to meet a guy like Jack. But I hate, hate, hate
spitting contests and stuff like that. Other than that, though, praise to the most phenomonal (hope I'm using that word right) movie in the world. It was beautiful and touching and made me cry. The lighting was superb. The only problem was that my whole family was there so I was too embarrassed to actually cry as muh as I wanted to. Plus, I kept yelling at my brothers because they were trying to catch me crying. They caught me anyways, but I got mad.
December 22nd, 2009 at 02:59am