R.I.P. James Sullivan

I can see just fine with you in my life,
there by my side as it starts to fade
I know this can't be right, stuck in a dream
a nightmare full of sorrow

Today everything was shattered once again. I was checking my face book before I went to bed, like I normally do. When I saw a link that said that James Owen Sullivan had died. I didn’t believe. I thought it was a hoax, it just couldn’t be real. But then I checked three more news reports, and the Avenged Sevenfold Myspace. It was all true.

James Owen Sullivan better known as “the Rev” was found dead in his Huntington Beach home on December 28th, apparently to natural causes.

My entire body started shaking, tremors of immense sorrow rocketed through my body. Tears flowed from my eyes like waterfalls. It was true. Jimmy was dead. The man I’ve looked up to and loved for over six years was dead. I couldn’t believe it was but it was true, and deep down inside I knew it.

Everyone I had ever loved has been taken away from me. My best and most true friends, Lisa and Karin. And now, the man that I have looked up to for years, looked upon for strength when I just couldn’t find the means to go on, has passed away. Why! I demand to know why everyone I care about is gone. And I’m still here. If there was a way I could take my own life to get his back. I would find it. I was happily give my own life to save him. Because he saved my life countless times. He has saved others in multitudes. And now he’s gone.

I love you James Owen Sullivan. I’ve loved since the moment I heard you drum in 2004, when I was only nine years old. That love has only grown over time. And now, now It’s so much I can’t even measure it. But you will NEVER be forgotten, I will remember you every second of every day. Because you changed me, helped me stay alive. I only wish I could have returned the favor. You will forever be number one in my heart. Now and Forever.
December 29th, 2009 at 07:38am