RIP James Owen Sullivan: Facebook Memorial Group, Thoughts, and Band.

Oh. My. God.

Last night, around 1:A.M., I found out one of my favorite drummers in the entire world passed away earlier that afterrnoon.

My first reaction was shock. My sister came down the stairs and said, "Amanda, The Rev's dead."

I froze.

What? He wasn't even thirty...how could it have happened...?

This death has really hit something with me. I cried last night listening to their music. After my friend Dakota told me--almost confirming it--I put on the band's music. Afterlife came on.

I can't listen to that song anymore. I find it all too surreal. I was quite alright through the duration of the song until it got to that slower part, in which you can hear The Rev sing underneath Shadows: "Unbreak me. Unchain me. I need another chance to live."

It's so odd...strange...eerie.

Also I have created a memorial group on Facebook for this amazingly talented man. You can find it here. You can post video links to tributes you may have made for The Rev here, as well as any messages of condolence.

I also have an acoustic band with my friend Cole, and we, as fellow musicians, are working on a song in tribute to Jimmy. If you'd like to keep posted on that, our page is here.

RIP Jimmy Sullivan. Forever in our hearts, minds and souls.
December 29th, 2009 at 07:48pm