Life is for experience, Right? The why am I letting S.A.D ruin my life?

So I finally decided to go to my first gig next week.

Breathe Carolina next Tuesday 12th.

Excited? Yes, Shitting it? Most definitely.

As an anti social 19yr old who suffers from social anxiety disorder, being with a group of twenty people causes much stress. Meaning I have a group of very close friends and meeting new people really isn't something that makes me that comfortable.

So putting myself in a situation with a hundred other teenagers, that's MAJOR stress AND anxiety.

Yet I decided to push myself and still go, as a new step to overcome that. Life is for experience right? And my S.A.D has ruined alot of other oppurtunities, so why let it ruin this one.

Yet my unease over been surrounded by over a hundred other teenagers, has now been over shadowed by the fact my friend can't go any more. Said friend being the one that introduced me to the Oklahoma twosome in the first place.

One stupid action, she's caught, and our plans to spend the night dancing away up close and personal with David Schmitt diminished.

So this left me having to beg other friends to go with me. Friends that are ''hardcore'' and definitely not into ''dancy, electro, scence shit'' leaving me with only one option - go it alone.

Except I'm not really sure that's an option I particularly like, but really don't wanna waste my money or miss out on something I'll never do if I always rely on friends.

Yet the thought of been going on my own scares me shitless.

Is is worth? Will I look like a total idiot going on my own? What exactly am I supose to expect? Should I just throw myself in there?

Feel free to share your first gig experiences and opnions on what I should do....... Enlighten me here.....
January 4th, 2010 at 08:57pm