January 4th, 2010.

Today went by alright I suppose. It was the first Monday after the fantastic two week break that is, Christmas Holidays. I did better than I thought I would, I got up at my usual time of 5:30, which I didn't actually have to do, seeing as how my hair had dried pretty quickly the day before and I'd done it then, and just fixed it up in the morning, but still, I did alright.

By the time the bus rolled around I was pretty excited for my day back, it's almost the end of my first semester and I have exams in three weeks, which I'm not looking forward to. I have a feeling that I'll be taking Math in summer school which is fine, it'll give me something to do seeing as how I can't get a job until my marks are up and I can't be hanging out with my friends till they're up, so I guess it's a winning situation of sorts. In French we were finally assigned our summative, which is to pretty much make a game and write down the relations of things in a book we're reading. She also told us what to expect on the exam, so needless to say I'll be rereading two books in the next two weeks just to make sure I didn't miss anything, notes do nothing to help me, sigh.

The day went by pretty smoothly socially too, with majority of people it was the usual, with my close friends it was much more fun. Though I did get quite the talking to by one of my friends who is upset that I'm going to see a guy tomorrow after school, nothing bad, we just need to talk about our relationship, I'm already hurting from what he's done, but I'm determined not to lose someone I really care about and I'd like to talk to him in person, he's up for it so I'm glad. Plus I really want to see him.

I visited the library today as well! I haven't been in a while and I'd run out of books, so it was time, I picked up quite a number of books that I can hopefully get into and maybe get rid of this nasty case of writer's block. Here's my list that I got, tell me if you've read any and if they were good, and also, recommend which to start with?

Over A Thousand Hills I Walk With You by Hanna Jansen
Babylonne by Catherine Jinks
An Unlikely Friendship by Ann Rinaldi
Secret Scribbled Notebooks by Joanne Horniman
Hunting In Harlem by Mat Johnson

I hope everyone had a lovely day. :)
January 5th, 2010 at 03:10am