Are you a harsh critic? (then I want you!)

Ok so, I love the comments are like 'wow, this is awesome' but I'm afraid they're not good enough anymore.

See, sometimes it's hard to step back and see what needs changing in your work. Sometimes you know there's something but you just can't make out what. Sometimes... you just need another opinion.

This semester at uni I'm taking a writing fiction course and see... I know my tutor isn't going to mark things with 'Great! Awesome! Love it, you should write more!' and I want to prepare myself for the shock now.

And I say shock because in six years of writing fiction and fanfiction I've always been extremely lucky with comments. I can say quite literally that I've only ever gotten one bad comment and it was an obvious troll (when a one-shot has over 40 comments saying how much they love it and one comes along with 'omg! Dis story sux!' it's fairly obvious it's just an internet troll).

So the things is... I want people to be harsh with me. Tell me where I went right and where I went wrong and why. What needs to be improved, what details could have been left out and what details could have been added.

You get the point?

You can nitpick, I know there's most likely a few typo's/Grammar errors, I type quickly and when you edit your own work, no matter how many times you look over it, or how long you wait in between edits, it's always likely something will be missed. But please don't focus on these things because they are just genuine mistakes I missed, it's not like I don't know proper spelling, or grammar and such, tell me they're there so I can fix them. But don't focus to much on them.

I want the content to be critiqued.

So anyway, if you think you can fulfill this, could you read the one shot I have and be harsh on it (or maybe start off gentle, I don't know, whatever)

It can be found here!

I'll be eternally grateful if you do this.
January 9th, 2010 at 06:36am