Great, I get to humiliate myself tomorrow.

I have to do a silly speech tomorrow in front of my English class. I know it doesn't sound that bad, but I'm the least most confident person you'll ever meet.

Apparently, I hardly spoke to anybody in my first two years of high school. I personally think that's a bit of an exaggeration though. (:

But, this speech?

Argh.

It has to be about the book "Of Mice and Men", from George's point of view. We have to pretend that we're George, and we're stood in Court for shooting Lenny in the back of the head. It has to be a defense speech, admitting that we did shoot him, but we didn't murder him.

I hate making speeches. I can write them, that's easy. They come out really well, and they flow perfectly. But, when I get up in front of people I stutter like a complete idiot, and I go really red, get embarrassed, start shaking and then stutter even more.

I hate it, I make a complete fool of myself.

So... yeah.

On a lighter note, I'm seeing Green Day in June. ;D

I can't wait.

I saw them last year in October and it was amazing.

Now, I get to see them again at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground in Manchester.

It's outside, it's all standing and it's HUGE... I've been told the maximum capacity is 65,000 when it's being used for concerts.

It'll be the biggest one I've ever been to. ;D

This time I get to jump around. I couldn't in October because I was in the seating area, and was stood on a really annoying step thing which I couldn't really jump around on.
The people next to me sat down the entire time with earplugs in, and at the end they complained that they couldn't see a thing.

They were sat down. I don't know what they expected in all honesty. (:

But, Green Day... in June!

It's only January the 13th and I've already annoyed people by mentioning it.

Oops. ;D
January 14th, 2010 at 12:13am