Is it normal for guys to miss being single?

So may current boyfriend has just informed me that he misses being single. He was chasing after me for three weeks, told me he's had a crush on me the entire semester, and asked me out four times before I said yes. Because of this I felt like he really wanted to be with me. We've only been dating for thirteen days. The past two days we've gotten into stupid arguments where I've felt like I was going to lose him. He told me that I wouldn't lose him. And tonight I even asked him if he really wanted to be with me and he said baby don't worry about it, if I didn't want to be with you then I wouldn't be, I'm going to be yours for a long time. When I left I said I love you, and it took him a while to say it back, but he was the one who told me first a week ago, so I assumed he was comfortable with it. I got home and sent him a text message asking him if it was weird for me to say that because I do realize it feels like we're rushing things. He told me that love is a serious word and that we should wait to fall in love, not force it. Then a while later he's like i don't mean to scare you, but I'm starting to miss being single. Is this normal? I'm kinda hoping that it's just because the thrill of chasing me is gone because he's finally caught me now. But he said he misses chasing girls and seeing who he wants to see. But for the past month all he was able to talk about was how much he wanted me and only me. I'm confused, and honestly really hurt. Is it normal for some guys to feel like this?
January 20th, 2010 at 07:09am