This might suprise you, coming from me.

Happy Valentine's Day - and I mean that.

I know not many people here know me and most who do probably think I'm extremely cynical. And, well, they're right.

But you know what? I'm not going to join the 'OMG VALENTINE'S DAY SUCKS' crew. Instead, I want to congratulate all the couples out there who are going to make the most of today. Don't have TOO much fun, kids. ;) And I hope you're all with someone who makes you truly happy.

To all the single people: Hey, c'mon now. Today's not a total loss. Remember back in elementary school when Valentine's Day meant you went out and bought a big box of generic Valentine's Day cards and made cute Valentine's Day boxes out of shoe boxes, tissue paper, plastic hearts, and markers? And you gave a valentine to everyone - even the people you didn't like?

Take today to give some love to everyone. Be extra-generous with hugs. Find a friend who's single like you and go out to dinner with them or buy them a cute surprise. Just because you don't have a significant other to take you out to a candlelight dinner and a romantic movie doesn't mean you can't have a good time today and tonight. Spread the love to everybody - even the people you don't like. ;)
February 14th, 2010 at 06:44pm