Lockdown... aka, my school sucks

So we had a lockdown drill today. I'm in study hall, so there is an entire wall of windows opening onto a commons-type area. It's interesting because I've always wondered about what administration does during these things. I'm facing the windows, so I was the first to see the police squad and drug dogs. Seriously, there are like 15 guys and at least five dogs. And, of course, everyone runs to the windows to get a better view. My table stays where we are. That's okay. If this lockdown was for real, they'll all get shot while I go run and hide.

I'm sorry. This makes my school sound a lot worse than it really is, despite the fact that we've had seven "drug-related incidents" in the past week and a half. Two kids overdosed at lunch; one girl had a seizure. I'm sure more will get caught today. It's all the underclassmen. I know my senior class has issues too, but at least we're not stupid enough to overdose in the middle of the lunchroom.

Perhaps you're heard of my school? We were on the national news last week for gun threats posted on facebook. Yeah, that's us.

Looks like the dogs found something. They were all grouping up to leave and then suddenly all the dogs were freaking out. There was this one right in my line of sight from my seat here, a black one, that was pretty chill, just sitting at his handler's feet, looking around. I think he is a puppy. His little pink tongue was hanging out. All of a sudden he is up and straining the leash to the point that it takes three of these massive police guys to get him in a corner until the handler can get a better grip on his leash. When he does, they went off walking again. The dog's feet are moving like three times faster than the guy's; his paws are sliding on the tile floor. Still, the doggie's cute. Scary beasty, but cute.
February 25th, 2010 at 05:58am