In The Arms Of An Angel

I never thought that my very first journal entry would be this hard to write...

I think some of my readers must have noticed my absence for the past few days and some of them knew most of the reasons why I was MIA. This Monday I thought that I'd be facing the best week of my life, having my sister's prom night just yesterday and having mine this Sunday. I thought that I was going to have a happy week and my parents would be so proud of me and my sis. Little did we know that unfortunately God had other plans...

This morning (26th February) around 1PM I received a phone call from my step-mom, who was sobbing on the phone and told me to get to the hospital as soon as it's possible. When I asked what was wrong, she told me that my dad was in a car accident around noon and she was called by a nurse asking her to hurry to the hospital, because my dad in a very bad state.

Basically, I was sobbing through the way to the hospital and thinking the worst. Once I got to the ER and found my step-mom, I went to look for a doctor to ask about my dad's being. They said that he was in surgery and in a critical state.

Six hours passed and we just waited, pacing up and down, waiting for some sort of an update about my father. Exactly at 4:20 PM we saw a doctor come out with blood all over him. As he explained, apparently while my dad was going home from work and picking up my prom dress from work when his car collided with a some teenager guy's car who was trying to play the big guy, taking a turn with 140 km/h. My dad tried to stop, but he wasn't fast enough and when they collided the guy's car made my dad's one land out of the road and flip three times.

I couldn't help but feel and know what was coming when the doctor started to talk about my dad's condition. He suffered various head injuries and his spine also broke in two places, and he had internal bleeding and many ribs broken. When he started talking about how hard they tried to stop and fix him up, I knew what was coming. My worst nightmare was coming true.

The person that I inherited my personality and many features was gone. Just like a snap, and I couldn't even tell him how much I loved him. My father passed away and I just can't even beleive how many things I'll have to go through without him by my side.

I won't feel his bear hugs anymore. I won't hear his loud laughter anymore. I won't be able to have him walk me down the isle once I'll get married. He won't be there once I graduate or once I get my degree. He won't see my children, he won't be able to tell them the same bed night stories that he once told me.

Mark Gabriel Szabo was the best person that I've ever met and the best father I could ask for. He's my daddy and he'll be remembered forever.

I will always love you Dad and I know that you're watching over me from now on. I miss you like crazy already.

Image

Mark Gabriel Szabo
2nd Sept. 1950 - 26th Febr. 2010
Father, Brother, Husband, Friend


P.S. I hope that you understand that I'm going through a very hard part of my life now and I really need my family's support. I might be MIA for some time again soon, but I'll try to be back as soon as I can.
February 27th, 2010 at 12:06am